This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How NOT to address a letter

When the lanes numbers in question have twelve address and go up in fours from 2208 and then back down to 2209. Putting

Grammy
    23 "X" Lane
    "CITY" MI "WRONG ZIP"

Does not help, especially when the lane in question is part of a 65+ community.

I thought you were going to talk about a letter you received because it made me think of this from the Young Ones:

My Darling Fascist Bully Boy,
    Give us some money you bastard.
    Boom Shaka (which means may the seed of your loins be fruitful)

Comment

Are we taking bets that it was written by an adult? I will put $2 down that it was.
      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Got it. So "Yo, bitch!" is not a good way to address a letter.

Oh, sorry! I was thinking greet or something. Never mind.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

So THAT'S why all of my letters to "Nana" when I was a kid had "Mrs. [full name of my grandmother]" added before they were sent by my mother Seriously, how many "Nanas" and "Grammys" must there be in a retirement center?
          !
          "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

But. . . but. . . but Santa still got all my letters, right?

#1 Reindeer Lane
            Santa's Workshop, North Pole

That's right, isn't it?
            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Its funny, about a quarter of the time at my job is interpreting the nonsense people provide as their address and enter it into the system for them.

Yes. I basically google-stalk people to confirm their shipping address because they're too dumb and/or lazy to give me their complete and accurate address when repeatedly asked.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post

#1 Reindeer Lane

That's right, isn't it?
                *laughs* We do have a place that Christmas letters go to be opened and more then several times to be answered. I love delivering Santa letters to kids.

Quoth Hyndis View Post
                Its funny, about a quarter of the time at my job is interpreting the nonsense people provide as their address and enter it into the system for them.

Yes. I basically google-stalk people to confirm their shipping address because they're too dumb and/or lazy to give me their complete and accurate address when repeatedly asked.

Oye, so you feel me on some of those handwritten letters where I don't know if it's a 2, 5, or 8. And most times it's a 0 or 7.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                  I thought you were going to talk about a letter you received because it made me think of this from the Young Ones:

My Darling Fascist Bully Boy,
                  Give us some money you bastard.
                  Boom Shaka (which means may the seed of your loins be fruitful)
                  Neil wrote the last line I take it.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                    Neil wrote the last line I take it.
                    Yes. Rik wrote the first, Vyvyan the second. I'm not sure what part Mike had in the letter.

Comment

Mike's too cool for that. He supervises.

Comment

#1 Reindeer Lane

That's right, isn't it?
                        my other half worked for the post office here over christmas, apparently they have a special team set up to open them and see if there is a return address. If so they send a reply (its only a printed form letter but hey, what do you expect with that many of them...) saying thank you for the letter and to stay good.
                        "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                        Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

#1 Reindeer Lane

That's right, isn't it?
                          Actually, Santa might not get the letter, because the address is incomplete - you left off the Postal Code. What is Santa's Postal Code? H0H 0H0 (note that in Canada, the Postal code is of the form letter/digit/letter/space/digit/letter/digit).
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Wolfie, I hereby dub thee "Big Bad Wolfie", 'cuz that was just mean.
                            Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

In this country, Santa has an actual address:

Home of the Father Christmas

Korvatunturi is the place where Father Christmas (or Joulupukki in Finnish) lives. This legend comes from a children's radio show called Markus-sedän lastentunti ("Children's hour with Uncle Markus") hosted by Markus Rautio and broadcast by the Finnish Broadcasting Company between years 1927 and 1956. Uncle Markus told children that from this "Ear Fell" Father Christmas can hear what all the children are saying so he can find out if the children behave and obey their parents (and therefore may receive gifts next Christmas). This legend is an important plot point in the 2010 film Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale.

For mail to Father Christmas Korvatunturi has postal code "99999 Korvatunturi", even though all mail sent to this address will actually be carried to Santa Claus Village at Rovaniemi.

Comment

Working...
                              X