This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color do you dye your hair

Background: My brother sister and I are all natural redheads.

My sister was shopping in the hair care section of a store when a couple of old ladies came up to her:

Old Lady: Oh I love your hair color! What color do you dye it?

Sister: I'm sorry I don't dye my hair.

Old Lady: Oh come one you can tell us we won't tell anyone.

Sister: I'm sorry but I don't dye it.

Old Lady: Well can you at least tell us the brand of hair dye that you use?

Sister: I told you I don't dye it. Please leave me alone so I can finish my shopping. And she walked away. As she is walking away she hears the old lady commenting to her friend.

Old Lady: Well that was very rude of her she could of at least told us the brand that she uses.

Old Ladies Friend: Yeah she could have. She was very disrespectful.

Sister said she felt like and by the time it was done with. We are use to being asked what color we dye our hair but this was the first time someone was so persistant about it.

Quoth tigger222 View Post
    Sister said she felt like and by the time it was done with. We are use to being asked what color we dye our hair but this was the first time someone was so persistant about it.

Next time this happens, she can ask if they want her to pull her pants down so she can prove that she doesn't dye her hair.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Tell her next time pick up the most ugly pinkish purply red she can find and say 'this one' if they persist. maybe they would be dumb enough to try it.

Comment

I had a good friend, a guy, with the most amazing red-gold hair in waves past his shoulders. Nobody ever believed it was real, and he got hit on from the back a lot!

People were incredibly rude to him though; a lot of women seemed totally disgusted that a man would have such beautiful hair. One lady told him 'I can't believe hair like that got wasted on you!'

I like the idea of showing them an ugly box of color and saying "this one." Maybe a nice baby-poop brown?
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

One lady told him 'I can't believe hair like that got wasted on you!'
          he should have offered to give her offspring the same hair color

Next time this happens, she can ask if they want her to pull her pants down so she can prove that she doesn't dye her hair.
          ROFL

Comment

Or next time she can tell them to curl up and dye.
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Old Lady: Well that was very rude of her...
              And telling a woman her hair looks like a dye job isn't?

"Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
              .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Background: My brother sister and I are all natural redheads.
                I hate you. When I was a kid my hair was bright red, now it's dulled to brownish with copper highlights in the sun. Well, I think that's the color it is, I haven't seen my natural hair color in years, I'm too busy dying it back to red.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                  I had a good friend, a guy, with the most amazing red-gold hair in waves past his shoulders. Nobody ever believed it was real, and he got hit on from the back a lot!
                  ?
                  Uh...that wouldn't happen to be this guy, would it?

Comment

I've had similar questions recently, which I'm surprised at. I've got long red hair that comes down to just past my shoulder blades and to be honest I'm surprised that i'm getting compliments as I'm still too used to people throwing ginger insults at me
                    Last edited by Darkforge; 01-28-2011, 03:05 PM.
                    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
                    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

ginger insults - pfft. hell even the Doctor wants to be ginger! they should remember that before being mean to you.

ginger is the new cool

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post

People were incredibly rude to him though; a lot of women seemed totally disgusted that a man would have such beautiful hair. One lady told him 'I can't believe hair like that got wasted on you!'
                        Used to happen to me all the time

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

My mom is a natural redhead, but as she's gotten older, her hair has gotten more auburn and more brown than red. It used to be orange like Orphan Annie as a kid, then really bright red as a teen and young adult.....ever since she was in her 30s it's been dulling out. She likes it better that way, though.

I inherited her ginger freckles, though. I'm a natural ash blonde but I have freckles all over my face and body, except that as I've gotten older, the ones on my face have been disappearing. I hated them when I was younger, now all I want is them to come back and be darker. I love a face full of freckles. Too cute.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I have red hair that goes down past my hips. I hate, hate, hate the fact that some people seem to think that they are allowed to walk up behind me and start "petting!" me - all the while saying how pretty it is. Thanks, but don't touch me! I have panic disorder and you are setting me off, creeper!

Comment

My grandmother was blond until the day she died.

She considered dyeing it white/grey about once a month because nobody in her circles would believe it was natural and she was tired of talking about it.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X