This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Seshat View Post
    Just as a note: the carpet doesn't always naturally match the drapes. Let's just say that if I were a cat, I'd be patchy pale brown/blonde and dark brown/almost black.
    tell me about it

heck my eyebrows are a very dark black while my hair is bright red.

If I grow my sideburns then they go from ginger to black just below my ears...
    "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
    Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

I have naturally curly hair. When my hair is cut short I have the ringlet curls that bounce back when you pull on them. I always had complete strangers pull on my curls to watch them spring back. I never understood why people did this. Thankfully I havent had my hair cut that short for several years. Now I would probably not be so nice about hair being pulled by stranger.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

Next time this happens, she can ask if they want her to pull her pants down so she can prove that she doesn't dye her hair.

^-.-^
        I was thinking that too, but they'd probably just say "Wow, she dyes EVERYTHING and still won't tell us, how rude!"
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Yes, people are fascinated by curls. I bet if you let your waves grow out you will have fat spirals. Mine gets curlier the longer it gets.
          Actually, the longer it grows, the straighter it gets. It's too fine to hold a curl when it's heavy. I had it to the bottom of my shoulder blades for years and it was just barely showing any body at all. Then last summer I suddenly decided I was tired of long hair, cut it chin length, and ooo, curls!
          It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth doogiej View Post
            My oldest daughter is a redhead. She has gorgeous red hair that hung in ringlets when she was younger. I used to get asked what brand of dye I used for her hair....when she was 2 or 3. I didn't dye my toddler's hair. I was just happy that she finally wasn't bald. I wasn't going to do anything to make it possibly fall out.
            My grandmother was asked one time what color she used to dye my hair. I was less than 2 years old at the time, and this was a long time ago. My grandmother told me that all she could do was sputter, "It's not dyed," and walk away with me.

Now the red has faded to mousy brown and it's getting gray. The gray is nice, I hate the mousy brown. So, every month it's back to the dye bottle. Urgh.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
              Can't do that now because if I bleach my hair it doesn't turn pale, it turns orange. I'm a closet redhead.
              When I was a baby, I was a platinum blond. My hair darkened to gold by my teens, and is rather brownish now. The one time I dyed my hair, I was trying to lighten it to a light blond (not platinum) color like when I'd been a kid.

Boy, did the red come out! A very nice strawberry blond. I liked it alot, but dye just wrecks my hair, so I let it grow out and I'll never color it again. Tried highlights a couple of years ago, and it just looked grey.

My brother has brown hair (much like mine) and a red beard. His son was born with red hair (the only real red head in the family).
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                I have freckles all over my face and body, except that as I've gotten older, the ones on my face have been disappearing. I hated them when I was younger, now all I want is them to come back and be darker. I love a face full of freckles. Too cute.
                Me too! My sister and I used to have tons but you can only see mine in the summer now. I remember on vacation a lady commenting on them and saying she used to have freckles like we did. I was so happy to realize the could go away. Now I just want them back!

I'm probably going to chop a bunch of my hair off to donate it - then it's dying time! Reddish brown, of course.
                Always wanted to be a redhead, but it's the one color I never got. Was blonde as a munchkin, medium to dark brown now with some black strands (and blonde at the temples). And the silver is starting to appear. So I'm always in search of a good semi-permanent red, it leaves highlights as it washes out.

Comment

For those of you who want red hair, but are worried about the effects of dye, I use henna, have been for years, and my hair is very healthy.

It won't lighten your hair, so if you have dark hair and want bright red you'll still have to bleach it, but if you don't care about it being bright it will still add red tones.
                  The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'm not ashamed to admit that I dye my hair black. I got tired of looking at all my gray hair. Yeah, I know you should be able to age gracefully but it was bothering me that it was bothering me.
                    Now my "downstairs" matches the "roof'...LMAO!
                    Last edited by Bright_Star; 02-02-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                      I'm just leaving my hair alone (save for highlights or undertones) until I get older, in case it goes grey instead of platinum. I'm terrified of aging as it is, but things are looking pretty hopeful.....my mom doesn't even have a single grey in her hair and she's just a few years from 50.
                      If my mom's side of the family is any indication, I'll likely start turning sometime between 60 and 70. When my great aunt's hair first started to turn, I was up visiting with family and running a table at the local craft show and she visited at the table. The sun was behind her and it lit up her hair like spun silver. It was really pretty, and I (in my usual tactless manner) blurted that out. It doesn't hurt that I love silver.

My mom later told me that she'd actually been feeling really depressed about it and what I'd said had really made her day.

Me, I don't care if/when my hair changes. The only parts of aging that I care about are the ones that slow me down or make me hurt.

Quoth blas View Post
                      I'm just leaving my hair alone (save for highlights or undertones) until I get older, in case it goes grey instead of platinum. I'm terrified of aging as it is, but things are looking pretty hopeful.....my mom doesn't even have a single grey in her hair and she's just a few years from 50.
                      If my mom's side of the family is any indication, I'll likely start turning sometime between 60 and 70. When my great aunt's hair first started to turn, I was up visiting with family and running a table at the local craft show and she visited at the table. The sun was behind her and it lit up her hair like spun silver. It was really pretty, and I (in my usual tactless manner) blurted that out. It doesn't hurt that I love silver.

My mom later told me that she'd actually been feeling really depressed about it and what I'd said had really made her day.

Me, I don't care if/when my hair changes. The only parts of aging that I care about are the ones that slow me down or make me hurt.

Quoth Seshat View Post
                      I'm in my forties, and still blonde/light brown. I also don't look forty at all. Life is likely to get interesting....
                      My grandmother was about 70 when she died.

Technically, hair doesn't go grey; it goes colorless.

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                      My sister's a natural redhead, but one day we were goofing around and we noticed her hair wasn't really JUST red...she had two shades of red, two of brown, blonde, and black!
                      Most people have about half a dozen color tones to their hair. Mine is about 4 different shades of medium brown, and a few of very dark blonde. And absolutely no red whatsoever. I'm a pretty stock brownette.

^-.-^
                      Last edited by Andara Bledin; 02-02-2011, 08:36 PM.
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I too have been blessed with the curls. When I was younger I had people come up to me and ask if they could cut off some of it and take it home. I had to be five at the time. It was much longer then, down to my hips at times.

When I was twelve I cut it shoulder length, and blammo, did the curls come out. I haven't grown it any longer since, it's an easy length to manage. I'd get stopped by people who'd ask how long that perm took. I got so tired of answering that it wasn't a perm that I started saying "Well, first I get a fork, and then I look for a good sized outlet..." Thankfully no one's taken me seriously (yet).

Comment

Try this response: "The blood of worthless old bats like you."

Comment

Thanks for all the laughs. My color depends on the time of year it is a darker copper color right now but it'll bleach out more to a strawberry blond in the summer. Mine is really curly too. For a long time we thought that it was straight and then we cut it and the curls came out.

Comment

I've had a hard time this week not saying hell with it and getting my hair colored a couple of shades lighter (what's really stopping me is that I don't have the cash to do it, moreso than my desire to be natural and leave it alone). My hair has gotten awfully dingy looking this winter due to lack of sunshine and the fact that I don't go tanning anymore, so my hair is more ashy and less blonde right now. Ick.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
                                I too have been blessed with the curls. When I was younger I had people come up to me and ask if they could cut off some of it and take it home. I had to be five at the time.
                                My hair is sort of brownish these days, but when I was a kid I had really bright red hair (my beard is still that color, where it hasn't gone grey). My mother tells me she was once crossing the street with me in a baby carriage, and some woman stops her in the middle of Kings Highway and demands that my mom bring me to this woman's hairdresser, because that was the exact color she wanted. I think the woman was joking, but you never know.

Oh yeah, and curly too. It's more wavy now. My sister's hair when she was young was so curly, everyone called her Shirley (as in Temple). When her hair was wet, it hung all the way down to her waist, but as it dried, it curled right back up to shoulder-length.
                                Last edited by Shalom; 02-09-2011, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X