This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's why you just filed for bankruptcy

The tweeter on one of my old faithful speakers finally died so since me & Mrs Frantic were gonna be in town anyways we decided to look at some new ones.

The 1st place we hit was Ultimate Electronics,I'd never been in that store.We spent 10 minutes lookin' at speakers while 3 salesguys sat in the corner bullshittin' with each other.They never acknowledged us,gave no indication they wanted to help,so we started walkin' out (their prices were goddam outrageous anyway),then one starts kinda strollin' towards us,but at that point I'm makin' somewhat loud noises about "Crappy customer service" (mind you,the store had maybe 10 customers) & when I glanced over my shoulder I saw he'd disappeared.

I found out at the next store (see below) that most of their audio salespeople had been fired from there.

The next store is locally owned & operated,they greeted us as soon as we walked in the door,took us directly to waht we wanted to see & the owner's son,who recognized me,waited on us personally.He gave us 1/2 off on a set of Pinnacle BD650s (fairly expensive) that are being discontinued there.He went to a great deal of trouble to hook up 3-4 pairs so we could hear them.Wrapped them up himself & helped us carry 'em to the car.Now THAT's service!

So DIAF Ultimate Electronics,beaten to a pulp by a little local store.
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

When I went to go buy a new PC (motherboard and processor suddenly died on me), Ultimate Electronics were helping me almost as soon as I stepped in the door. They even knocked off around $100 from the total and price match against neighboring stores... So it's not a corporate thing. Just sounds like your local UE sucks.

Comment

We have a guitar shop where I live that is privately owned and I will never buy from. Anytime you walk in the door, people promptly ignore you, even if you spend an hour looking around. No one ever asks if you need help, plus they have crazy inflated rates. I'm cool with spending a *little* more on purchases I make locally, but not nearly what they wanted.

Sucks for them because I spend thousands a year on music equipment. *shrugs*
      Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Mystic View Post
        We have a guitar shop where I live that is privately owned and I will never buy from. Anytime you walk in the door, people promptly ignore you, even if you spend an hour looking around. No one ever asks if you need help, plus they have crazy inflated rates. I'm cool with spending a *little* more on purchases I make locally, but not nearly what they wanted.

Sucks for them because I spend thousands a year on music equipment. *shrugs*
        Oh man, we have a store here.....i ordered a pair of drum sticks.....3.5 weeks ago now. Still not in.

Gave my business to the old dude in another shop who remembered me from 10 years previous and gives out product at 12% above cost.

The store who cant get my order right, is the same brand name of store who i bought over $7000 worth of stuff from because they were awesome. Sounds like this Ultimate Electronics store is the same thing. As a previous sales person, i HATE lazy sales guys. Unless they treat me how i would if i were in their shoes, i buy elsewhere.

Comment

Interesting, because we're talking on the other thread about people pestering customers. You know what I want? I help desk. You want help, you go there. You'll see three salespeople bullshitting, but one of them stops when you show up and asks what you need for help. If they're not helping customers, they're in line for the next time. If I don't need help, I *really* don't need to fend off the salesweasels every two minutes. I don't need your help, I've been building computers since before you were born, when I need something, I'll come up and ask, thanks.

Yes, I have walked out of stores because they wouldn't leave me alone. I've made sure they knew about it, too. Your service mode at !UE? Ick. Do Not Want. Glad you do, though.

Comment

Working...
          X