Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonald's Bigot-Man (Do you want fries with that?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McDonald's Bigot-Man (Do you want fries with that?)

Took my DD to the local McD's for lunch a few weeks ago.

We walked in and there was an older white man behind us with his grandson or his son (not sure, but kid was maybe 5). After you hear the story, I'm sure you'll agree with my nickname for him - Crazy White Guy, or CWG for short. His grandson/son was quite nice and held the door for me and DD, and I even offered to let them go ahead of us in line, and CWG was nice (to me) and thanked us but said he didn't mind waiting.

DD & I ordered our food and stepped aside. CWG placed an order for a Happy Meal for his son/grandson and that's when the fun began. You must understand that we are in Southern California and in this McDonald's in particular, the population breaks down as 75% Hispanic, 20% African-American, and 5% White.

The woman behind the counter started asking her co-worker questions about the Happy Meal toy in Spanish. This set CWG off. He started screaming at her that he didn't appreciate them jabbering away in Spanish in front of him. What were they saying that he couldn't hear in English, anyway? Were they talking about him? He knows they were talking about him, dammit.

The counterwoman kept her temper and quietly explained that she was speaking to her co-worker in Spanish because her co-worker didn't speak much English.

CWG started screaming, "Then WHAT THE HELL is she doing in this country, anyway? You goddamn illegal immigrants should go back to your f---ing country and get the hell out of ours! You're taking all the jobs away from the whites who were here first and you need to get back to your own stupid goddamn country and use up their welfare... blah blah blah, louder and more abusive curse words and racial slurs!" He demanded the manager, who was tolerant, God bless her, and he started to abuse her too. When the manager wasn't apologetic enough for him, he demanded someone higher up and got the area manager, who listened to him rant, and answered his questions.

Everyone in the restaurant behind this man, whites, blacks, Hipanics, were stunned silent. He was that vitriolic in his abuse toward these people.

What made it worse was, CWG was getting ready to leave and one of the Hispanics that was getting a carry out order went up to him and told him he was ignorant and a bigot. This was a mistake. CWG started going off on the guy and followed him out the door to his car, screaming "Where's your green card, motherf---r? Yeah that's right walk away from me, you PUSSY, and go back to f---ing Mexico where all you motherf--rs like to f--- your mothers, you faggot, go back to your own country you illegal piece of sh--!" and onward.

Luckily, the Hispanic just got in his car and drove away, as did Crazy White Guy. Although the store manager followed them both out to the parking lot, cell phone in hand, to call 9-1-1- if she had to.

Wow. Just, wow.

I actually went to the counter people afterward and apologized for the actions of Crazy White Guy, telling them that not all people felt that way and that every time my family ever came to this McDonald's we always receive fast, courteous service with a smile. I told her I felt so badly that they had to put up with abuse like that from a customer. I honestly don't care what language they speak behind the counter, as long as my food is hot, accurate, and fast.

I made the counter person smile, at least.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
    --attributed to Albert Einstein

Quoth MamaMootz View Post
    You're taking all the jobs away from the whites who were here first and you need to get back to your own stupid goddamn country
    I got to this point and went

My Native American ancestors would like to have a word with him about this line. And the demand to go back to their own country? Been doing that for centuries, and it hasn't worked yet. Keep puffin' there, you big bad wolf.

Got to wonder how much education he has that he doesn't recall that aside from the fact that the natives of the area are what we now call Mexicans, the Spanish were in California long before the Whites got there. That's why the places have names like Los Angeles, San Diego, Arroyo Verde, and Rancho Cordova.

Oh, and I wonder how much spit he ate that day. I don't think the staff would do anything to a kid's meal, but I don't know that I'd trust anything *he* bought for himself.
    Last edited by EvilEmpryss; 02-05-2011, 08:30 PM.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Why didn't the first manager tell him to leave? He just got worse from that point. I suppose corporate policy says they can't, and if so, that's dumb.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It's even funnier around here.

People, they call the Uto-Aztecan languages for a reason!

And these are the same yahoos that are blindly pro-Israeli.

I don't know how my son's Israeli fiance survived the famdamly party for my parents 60th anniversary. (But I love my now DIL).
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I really feel for the kid having to witness that. That said...the guy's hatmaker doubles as his proctologist. We have certainly established he wasn't the brightest bulb in the box. I can't think of many things dumber than mouthing off about minorities in a place where the targets of his venom are in the majority.
          Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Don't you just love it when the bigoted SCs get all professorial?
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I grew up the unfortunate granddaughter of a racist bigot who pretty much hated anything that wasn't obviously caucasian and protestant. Now his personal feelings on the matter of race are his to own, but he would sit outside in a lawn chair and shout racial insults at the people walking by. I can still list almost *every* foul word used to describe every race or nationality on the planet because of him. I'm not kidding: he would make us grandkids memorize them and he would take his eldest grandson out to cuss at people from the time the boy was two.

Where was this? In a little place near Los Angeles. Ever hear of Watts? An estimate of 5% White population is generous. Even the police were "other than White", and he would insult them, too.

Some people just have no sense of self-preservation.

Comment

My mother is a racist, too. A big one. Then again, so is almost everyone else in Idaho.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

My ex's parents are somewhat racist as well. What I'm about to say, I'm warning everyone now NOT to take this thread into Fratching territory...

I was wondering how they were going to vote in the last election, because while they're somewhat racist, they also hate the Republican party. As it turned out, they voted for the democrat who just happened to be black. I was visiting my son over there, and it was me, him, and his grandma. We were discussing the election, and she said, "I think he'll do great things." But she couldn't resist adding, "Although I'm not happy about having a black president!"

My son called her a racist right to her face. She was probably pissed because I didn't scold him, but what could I say? He was right!
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                    <snip>
                    My Native American ancestors would like to have a word with him about this line.<snip>
                    Likewise. What gets me, however, is that most of my family (ranging in various percentages of Native American) are VERY racially bigoted . Now I am by no means a full blooded Native American, so I feel I have no room to say "Go back to where you came from" to ANYBODY

Some people just have no class clue heck I don't know what to call it.
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Likewise. What gets me, however, is that most of my family (ranging in various percentages of Native American) are VERY racially bigoted . Now I am by no means a full blooded Native American, so I feel I have no room to say "Go back to where you came from" to ANYBODY Some people just have no class clue heck I don't know what to call it.
                      My mom's grandma (born in 1896) was a total bigot, though she married a half-Cherokee man. She denied it, though. "My husband weren't no Indian!", she'd declare. Whatever, grandma. She'd also do the sitting-on-the-porch-calling-out-slurs thing. I can totally imagine her doing the same as this SC. It's just ignorance. I mean, how does he know the workers are illegal?? Is he clairvoyant?
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

That...Man...Should have been forced to leave at the first insult that left his foul mouth. How the managers could have allowed that behavior towards their employees and other customers is baffling. If I was in the middle of my meal I'd demand my money back for them allowing his behavior and that I would not be back if that was the atmosphere they were going to cultivate. They should have stuck-up for themselves, and he should have been arrested!
                        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I don't know which part of SoCal MamaMootz witnessed this massive racial shitstorm in, but I grew up in the very bad parts. The parts where even thirty years ago (before drive-by shooting, workplace shooting, and other random acts of violence became commonplace), you wouldn't challenge someone going off like this. Nowadays you don't know what the guy is packing or has in the car that he'll get to make his point final.

The best one can do is try to cajole the person out of the business while someone else calls the authorities... just in case.

Very scary.

Comment

arg, i hate people with those kind of minds. My husband my genetic heritage is mexican.(you have to go back 5-6 genereations to find the ones born in mexico) By legality, he is a full blooded american.

He is serving.in.the.navy. And people have had the audacity to tell him to go back to mexico... We just walk away, but one of these days, i would just LOVE to shove it in their stupid face that HE'S doing something positive for our country...while all this other person is doing is being a negative sour puss.

But i'm a normal sane person, so i keep my mouth shut and pray that they get their vengeance from God.
                            I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                              I don't know which part of SoCal MamaMootz witnessed this massive racial shitstorm in, but I grew up in the very bad parts. The parts where even thirty years ago (before drive-by shooting, workplace shooting, and other random acts of violence became commonplace), you wouldn't challenge someone going off like this. Nowadays you don't know what the guy is packing or has in the car that he'll get to make his point final.

The best one can do is try to cajole the person out of the business while someone else calls the authorities... just in case.

Very scary.
                              And this is what I was afraid of, while I was observing this go down. All I could think about was shielding my daughter and getting her out of there. He really was --- so ANGRY -- and I think that the counter people did their best to try and talk him down.

The sad thing was that the counter person I spoke with after he left said they get someone like him in there on occasion and there is nothing they can really do about it, per corporate other than listen, and not confront.

The store manager followed him out to the parking lot through the back door and had her cell phone in hand, so I suspect she was ready to call 9-1-1.

I'm in the Inland Empire, EvilEmpryss...

I also sent a letter to corporate asking them to please recognize these employees because no one should have to put up with that kind of abuse, ever. Corporate got back to me and said they would commend them, but of course I have no idea if they actually did anything.
                              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not even sure about the universe.
                              --attributed to Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X