Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McDonald's Bigot-Man (Do you want fries with that?)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kristev View Post
    My mother is a racist, too. A big one. Then again, so is almost everyone else in Idaho.

Not everyone, but...too many people...

Although it also seems to depend on where you live.
    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth MamaMootz View Post
      I also sent a letter to corporate asking them to please recognize these employees because no one should have to put up with that kind of abuse, ever. Corporate got back to me and said they would commend them, but of course I have no idea if they actually did anything.
      It was very nice of you to look out for these people by calling corporate. Too often the only ones who call are the complainers, and then the workers have no one to tell their side of the story. While I'm sure he'd have come across as the crazy racist he is even in a phone call, some spineless manager might have taken his word over the employees'.

In my experience (and YMMV), when corporate says they're going to honor an employee or group of employees for their service, they generally do. Even if it's only a memo to the district manager telling them to go shake hands and pass out free ice cream vouchers.
      Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I honestly don't care what language they speak behind the counter, as long as my food is hot, accurate, and fast.
        Ditto, as long as when they are speaking to me it is in a language I can understand.

Quoth MadMike View Post
        My son called her a racist right to her face. She was probably pissed because I didn't scold him, but what could I say? He was right!
        From the mouth's of babes, eh?

And what really surprises me, this happened in supposedly "liberal and accepting" California yet I've almost never seen it in "backwards bigoted" Utah... then again, we have much deeper problems here, our racists prefer to elect people to office who will cut funding disproportianetely effect minority area schools, and avoiding contact with minorities at all (Salt Lake is actually very segregated into neighborhoods compared to other places I've lived... when I moved here the realitor asked if I prefered a minority or white neighborhood), and discriminating more on religion than by race (there are people who will ask you what ward you are in and refuse to talk to you after that if you explain that you aren't Mormon, or on the flip side will refuse to talk to anyone with mormonabilia)
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
          I got to this point and went

My Native American ancestors would like to have a word with him about this line. And the demand to go back to their own country? Been doing that for centuries, and it hasn't worked yet. Keep puffin' there, you big bad wolf.

Got to wonder how much education he has that he doesn't recall that aside from the fact that the natives of the area are what we now call Mexicans, the Spanish were in California long before the Whites got there. That's why the places have names like Los Angeles, San Diego, Arroyo Verde, and Rancho Cordova.

Oh, and I wonder how much spit he ate that day. I don't think the staff would do anything to a kid's meal, but I don't know that I'd trust anything *he* bought for himself.
          Florida had Spanish colonists there too...hey why else do we have names like Punta Gorda, Orlando and such? I bet if that racist asshole was in my territory he'd get a beat down like nobody's business. In South Florida we do have a pretty diverse population (especially those from Cuba and Haiti).
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            Ditto, as long as when they are speaking to me it is in a language I can understand.
            Heh, not always. I remember being part of a troupe of people (all highly Caucasian) going down to Spadina to find a place where the only English they needed to understand was "interesting meal for 15". First rule - if there was an English Menu, that ruled out the place.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
              Nowadays yYou don't never know what the guy is packing or has in the car that he'll get to make his point final.
              Edited to reflect reality.

The sad thing was that the counter person I spoke with after he left said they get someone like him in there on occasion and there is nothing they can really do about it, per corporate other than listen, and not confront.
              That's actually the best/safest route to take, anyway. If someone's that off their nut just over another person's race, you don't really want to push them to find out what they'll do with an actual reason to be angry.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Corporate got back to me and said they would commend them, but of course I have no idea if they actually did anything.
                but it may help put out some fires if the racist guy calls in and complains about them. then they can look at the situation and (hopefully) say, "o yeah, that's obviously racially motivated" and leave the workers alone.

Comment

Working...
                X