This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth greek_jester View Post

Heck, I count 3 years a victory. It took us 10 years to persuade her that using her walking stick from the moment she walked out of the front door was better than the alternative; only using it when her hip was hurting to the point that it made her pant in pain. Like I said. Pig-headed.
    Hell, I am still in the denial phase .... I prefer to use my crutches and just walk really slowly. Then I leave hubby at the check out and gimp out to the car and wait for him to get done with the shopping Though I do use the damned chair for the mall or stuff like airport travel.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I used to have to stop teens/young adults taking them for joyrides when I was working at Baalmart, without fail taking a trip and laughing would quickly turn into 'lets ram as many end caps as possible' I mean I can understand normal shopping if you're any age and suffering from something, but, I think it's a pretty loud tell that you're fine if you're standing up on the thing and gunning it through the store. They do get treated like rides sometimes, and it's awful when you do have a customer that needs one and can't use it because it's either broken or the battery has been run dry.

I got the same amount of annoyed/ 'Oh, you're fine/you're being lazy' looks from folks when I wrenched my ankle and was under doctor's orders to keep off it, even with the one shoe on, big bright purple wrap on my ankle and crutches riding sidecar in the hubby's cart. To the point where I finally got fed up and went back to doing the crutch hop.

Though my biggest peeve still to this day is seeing a scooter being left out in the middle of the parking lot, literally. Middle of the lane, road blocking, no where near the cart corral, parking lot. More so now that I can't push it back (because hubby would have a kitten if I strained myself)
      Okay everyone, lets all point and laugh at him right about....

Now.

Comment

Sorry guys. Had too many we had to unapprove and too many reports on the thread.

Closed.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
        X