This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dog cookies!

I can honestly say I've eaten dog food now.

And it wasn't that bad... ish.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/birthday-bones/

Simple recipe - just peanut butter, milk, flour and baking powder. (and why i didn't mind sampling it to see if it was ok - tasted like a peanut butter cookie made without sugar really.

mine are coming out odd shaped cos i forgot to get cookie cutters. so i'm making her small round ones and ... well this dough is kinda like playdoiugh so im experimenting too. just made some ring things and tossed them in.

so far she doesn't seem to mind them.

maybe i'll try meat based ones later. but for now these are for her "birthday".

we decided that st. patricks day is her bday cos that's when the shelter originally found and named her. and of course we'll celebrate the day she came to us too. or as i put it... every day is her birthday '

I make dog treats all the time - boneless chicken breasts cut into slices and put into the dehydrator for 36-48 hours. It makes a great high value treat for the dogs and a healthy snack for us.

There's even some canned dog food I've seen before that looks like stew (I think it was Merrick?)
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

sadly, my doggy doesn't seem to like them

either that or she's sick. it's hard to tell. she's not eating much so we have to really encourage her to eat her breakfast and dinner.

think maybe it's the cold that bf and i had this past month

Comment

Working...
      X