X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am horrified and embarrassed

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/...ay-monday.html

On St. Patricks Day, in my hometown, pretty much an entire street was torn up by drunken rioters. Fences were pulled down, cars were destroyed, and when the police came, they actually had to back off at first because they were throwing rocks and other things at them. When a news truck came the rioters overturned it and then BLEW IT UP. When arrests were made, the majority were from Fanshawe College, the college I graduated from. I hope they all get expelled and have to clean up that mess themselves. Sorry, I just had to vent. I'm angry enough that this happened, but that these people are what represents my college makes me even angrier. I'm just glad nobody was killed. Apparently some people got caught because they were putting up pictures and videos of themselves in the middle of the riots on Facebook , or tweeting that they were the ones involved in blowing up the truck. What is the matter with people? Hope this is allowed, because it's basically a big long rant. But a lot of Londoners are just as pissed- there's a Facebook page for people who want to help identify the rioters.
    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

You've every right to feel horrified and embarrassed.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

They BLEW UP the van??!??!? Do they WANT a manslaughter charge??
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Wait, what?? I'm not that far away from there, over the border in NY state...and I haven't heard about this. Our local news stations, of course, would rather report on pee-wee baseball or something, rather than actual news, but still...that's awful.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hang on, wait a minute, hold the phone...

This was in Canada?! And there wasn't even a decent hockey match to blame?
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

And I thought Milwaukee was bad for having to close all the bars on Water Street early because of a bunch of fuckheads fighting.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sadly, this kind of thing happens every year, but this is the worst one in quite a while. It's definitely the first one I can remember that involved vehicles getting blown up. The facebook page basically puts up photos and videos pulled off of facebook accounts so people can look at them and try to identify the idiots in them. Then you're encouraged to let the police know who they are. It's a pretty good idea.
              It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
              -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
              X