This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25th Anniversary date

Tomorrow marks 25 years since I started with the company that I work for.

We had an anniversary celebration at the store a couple of weeks ago with cake for the staff and customers, so there won't be any kind of celebration to mark the day tomorrow.

It's slightly bittersweet, as we lost our store founder very suddenly earlier this year. He worked so hard to build a business and then didn't get to see the 25 year milestone.
    There are only 3 of us now who are original staff members.

I am either really crazy or a sucker for punishment. LOL.
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

wow Congrats Ree for reaching that milestone. It is sad that the founder didn't get to see this milestone.

And to your last question, it is probably a little of both
    Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Congrats. On the one hand, enduring so long at one company can seem masochistic. But on the other hand, it is usually a good sign that the company overall is doing well; both when they last that long AND when they have employees who've been there 'for the long run'.

My own company just had it's 30th year recently and we have a few 20 and 25 year people still with us (1 or 2 of each; maybe 5 or 6 in total out of ~150). Our founder is still around and involved with the company too, but the rumour mill is anticipating he'll be stepping down Soon(tm). In the mean time he got awarded the Order of Canada (Member rank I believe) this year for all his work through the years in our industry. (We had a company BBQ yesterday to celebrate all of that. )

Comment

Thanks to a series of buyouts and take overs, at one point, a freind of mine had 25 years working at a company that had only offically existed for about 10
        Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
          Thanks to a series of buyouts and take overs, at one point, a freind of mine had 25 years working at a company that had only offically existed for about 10
          We have loads of those. We've only existed for 4 years and yet I know some employees who have been there 30-35 years and more. My direct boss is at about 12 years.
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Congratulations on 25 years. It's a pretty big milestone. May the next 25 be great.
            "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

O/T: We've recently had a retirement - 50 years on the railways. With there being fewer & fewer people joining the company before the age of 20, even if the retirement age is upped significantly it's a milestone that's unlikely to ever be matched, let alone beaten.

To O/P: Congratulations! I really hope I can have that kind of stability in my remaining working life!
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Congratulations, Ree. I bet you can't wait to see what happens during the next 25, eh?
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Congratulations Ree
                  Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                  What's the difference?
                  We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

That's really impressive, and says a lot about both you and your company. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats, Ree!

Next July, I'll have been at my current job 15 years
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                      X