• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit

Walked out.
    you are = you're. not "your".

Ah....

When you feel you can talk about it, we're here
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Sometimes unemployed is less stressful than employed.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
        Sometimes unemployed is less stressful than employed.
        Oh hells yes, at least in the short-term. And if it's enough to make you walk out, the sheer sense of relief can be awesome.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Wow. I've fantasized about walking out.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

De-stress, then think about where you'll go next.
            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Cue Johnny Paycheck...
              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

I've done it, best thing I ever did. Right before Christmas and left my ex " colleagues" up poop creek without a paddle. Hope it doesn't sound like I'm bragging but ime you can only put up with do much before you have to do it.

Good luck simplyanother

Comment

Now, I'm singing, ....take this job and shove it....

Great. It's competing in my head with a bunch of other songs.

I don't think it's sunk in completely. I think, had the job not sucked, had I got more hours, had they not treated my like I was an idiot, I might have been able to make it through that day, but, it wasn't. Six years, I was there. I started when my youngest kid was just over a year old. Before my oldest started Kindergarten. It's all the boys have known, Mommy working at Glitter Hell. Or, as my oldest put it "Where Creativity Goes to Die".

I wish I could have walked out in a more epic manner. I quit midshift. Because of a backache, and a bitchy manager. Hell, I quit mid transaction.

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                    I don't think it's sunk in completely. I think, had the job not sucked, had I got more hours, had they not treated my like I was an idiot, I might have been able to make it through that day, but, it wasn't....I wish I could have walked out in a more epic manner. I quit midshift. Because of a backache, and a bitchy manager. Hell, I quit mid transaction.
                    There comes a time when keeping your sanity > keeping your job. Nobody deserves abuse. You've got to do what is best for you. I wish you the best of luck at future endeavors.
                    It's all the boys have known, Mommy working at Glitter Hell. Or, as my oldest put it "Where Creativity Goes to Die"..
                    Am I correct in guessing that your store has a common masculine name, the name of a Biblical angel?
                    Last edited by XCashier; 08-01-2012, 10:04 PM.
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I feel ya!! Sometimes you just gotta do that one-two step right out the door with the deuces raised high! Not having hours and being treated little to shit is always a combination for walk outs.

Comment

I wish I could have walked out in a more epic manner. {snip} I quit mid transaction.
                        That sounds pretty damn epic to me!
                        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                          That sounds pretty damn epic to me!
                          Me too!

I only ever did that once - just walked out - have to say, heck did it feel good!

(especially the bit where they asked 'Where are you going?' and I just said 'Home'.. they were all 'You can't just walk out!'
                          And the feeling I got as I called back over my shoulder, 'Watch me!' was wonderful..... )
                          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Yes, it was the name of an Angel, most popular boys name for decades...shout the abbreviated version of that name in any crowded place and half the men will turn around. heh.

I am fairly certain that the manager was not expecting a walkout. We got her around Christmastime. She really does seem to be working her hardest to get rid of most of the old crew, and replacing 'em all with people who will do it her way. She got her wish, in that regard, with me. In the past, I would have just cried, and sucked it up, and come in, and they would have shit on me some more.

TMI: But about 6 months ago, I started taking an anti depressant, and--among other things (like, holy crap, the will to live coming back)--I stopped crying all the time. Like, you know, omg, everything set me off. Big stuff, little stuff, all the stuff. And I can actually handle things that would have just knocked me on my ass. Granted, I'm not sure that just walking out counts as "handling" it, but, it sort of does, I guess. I am not freaking out. One of my sisters in law calls it "better living through chemistry", I definitely agree.

I know that other places have their issues, but if I am going to get another job in retail, I am going to get one closer to my home. I figure, if I'm only scheduled 3 freakin hours --at least I'm not just working to fill up my gas tank...so I can go to work...and fill up my gas tank.

Now, i'm babbling, sorry. heh

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                              Me too!

I only ever did that once - just walked out - have to say, heck did it feel good!

(especially the bit where they asked 'Where are you going?' and I just said 'Home'.. they were all 'You can't just walk out!'
                              And the feeling I got as I called back over my shoulder, 'Watch me!' was wonderful..... )
                              Would've liked to be a fly on the wall for that! I don't think I've ever walked out on a job, but that's because most of the lousy ones were parttime, or temporary, or both, so it was easier to shrug it off.

Yes, it was the name of an Angel, most popular boys name for decades...shout the abbreviated version of that name in any crowded place and half the men will turn around. heh.

I am fairly certain that the manager was not expecting a walkout. We got her around Christmastime. She really does seem to be working her hardest to get rid of most of the old crew, and replacing 'em all with people who will do it her way. She got her wish, in that regard, with me. In the past, I would have just cried, and sucked it up, and come in, and they would have shit on me some more.

TMI: But about 6 months ago, I started taking an anti depressant, and--among other things (like, holy crap, the will to live coming back)--I stopped crying all the time. Like, you know, omg, everything set me off. Big stuff, little stuff, all the stuff. And I can actually handle things that would have just knocked me on my ass. Granted, I'm not sure that just walking out counts as "handling" it, but, it sort of does, I guess. I am not freaking out. One of my sisters in law calls it "better living through chemistry", I definitely agree.

I know that other places have their issues, but if I am going to get another job in retail, I am going to get one closer to my home. I figure, if I'm only scheduled 3 freakin hours --at least I'm not just working to fill up my gas tank...so I can go to work...and fill up my gas tank.

Now, i'm babbling, sorry. heh
                              I'd say "walked out" qualifies as "handling it." It sure beats going home to cry and then going back to get dumped on again and going home to cry again! Congrats and best wishes for whatever you decide to do next.

Comment

Working...
                              X