This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400 Pounds of.....

Not a sucky customer, but one that left me wondering about what goes on in his life.

Yesterday afternoon a 1996 Camry came in for an alignment. When I went out to it to take it on the pre-alignment test drive, I noted it seemed a little low in the back but that fact just didn't register at the time. Friday afternoon and all, thinking about my weekend off, beer, etc.

As I pulled it onto the alignment rack, the car scraped bottom. Ok. Then I realized it was sitting A LOT lower in the back than it should. Opened the trunk to take a look for dead bodies or illegal immigrants or a nuclear weapon. Yeah I know, I violate customers' 4th Amendment rights almost on a daily basis but only to help me repair their cars so hopefully I won't go to hell.

He did indeed have a lot of weight in the trunk. 10 40-pound cases of cat litter.

I unloaded it, aligned the vehicle, and loaded it back in the trunk. And advised him to put it somewhere other than the trunk of his Camry when he got home.

I've seen all kinds of crazy stuff in customers' cars but 400 pounds of cat litter?
    Proud Oath Keeper and 3 Percenter!

All I can think is that he either is a very fastidious owner of numerous cats or has some really sick fetish.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Wouldn't happen to live in a place that gets lots of snow and ice? Cat litter can be better than salt for traction (the right kind of course) and he could be stocking up from a sale and too dumb to remember to put it away.

Comment

Cat litter here has been known to be used to help block the smell of meth.

Comment

Hope he wasn't hoping to get better traction out of it, the "sand/kitty litter" in the trunk trick only works on rear wheel drive cars... of which there are very few left.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
            Hope he wasn't hoping to get better traction out of it, the "sand/kitty litter" in the trunk trick only works on rear wheel drive cars... of which there are very few left.
            I think it's more of a 'pour it around the tire after getting stuck' kind of thing. That guy was just kinda taking it too far. And probably didn't even know why he was doing it, either.
            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Now I have heard of putting a large passenger in a car for an alienment....
              "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Well, it might snow!

(in August...no, really! It might!)
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  Well, it might snow!

(in August...no, really! It might!)
                  It did it 1906 I believe it was. My Grandpa remembers being told about how it snowed a lot that summer in the year he was born. Of course that WAS related to that MASSIVE volcanic eruption, but still...snow in August

Comment

It has snowed here in every month one time or another, but not enough for that much kitty litter.

Comment

Cat litter is also good in soaking up oil. Maybe he was a mechanic?
                      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

I hate to think of how bad his gas milege sucked with all that weight.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Low rider Camry!

Comment

When it's on BOGOF, I routinely 200 lbs of the stuff. We have two cats, one of which has very over-active kidneys.

Comment

Aren't you limited to 200 pounds in the trunks of most cars? I remember seeing a statement on practically every car I've owned saying that the max load was 1100 pounds, 900 in the passenger compartment and 200 in the trunk. These were all mid-size or larger American cars, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X