This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky co-worker is no longer a problem

The co-worker I posted about a while back here is no longer a problem.

No, she didn't get fired.

I did.

So I no longer have to worry about being taken advantage of or never getting days off.

At least I get 4 weeks' pay in lieu of notice, plus another 10 weeks pay in my severance package. And I'll qualify for EI, since it's noted as a lay-off, not an actual firing. That's something, right?
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Oh, mharbourgirl, I'm so sorry it didn't work out! At least you're out of the situation and in a way better off. Hope the next job is much better suited and with fewer issues!
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

I'm glad you don't have to stress about that place anymore. Good luck finding a better new job. You deserve it.
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I wouldn't call it firing if you get severance. Here's to a better job. *insert beer smiley--I don't know the code for it*
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah if you got full severence etc. then that's hardly a firing... it's a paid vacation Commiserations & congratulations comingled.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

I'll second RealUnimportant. Being let go isn't a lot of fun, but try to look at it as a paid vacation from an awful job.

Comment

Why do these companies always fire the wrong people?!

Here's hoping you find a better job very soon.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The assumption is that they're firing the wrong people. While they are causing harm financially, they are opening up these people the possibility of getting something so much better that would not happen otherwise. Yes, I'm speaking from my experience.

So, even though you're unemployed, remember this: It just means you now have the chance to go and find something better, and put all your effort into it, instead of only focusing on it after work and chores are done.

Comment

I swear, some of the best people I know are all members of this site. I'm in a very strange place in my head at the moment, but I feel like I have a whole bunch of encouraging friends right now. You guys are the best.

Want to hear something funny? Yesterday I broke the news to my MIL, and she said a lot of the same things y'all are saying here. Mums is awesome sometimes, she really is. Then she called me right back and told me that the major competition to my former employer is looking for someone just like me. I don't know that I'm ready to just jump back in, but I sent them my resume anyway because, well, there's the possibility that the fact I just got released from their competitor will catch their attention. I don't know if it was the right thing to do FOR ME, but it's time for a change. Long past time for a change, actually.

I slept for 9 hours last night. For the last 2-3 years I've only been able to sleep maybe 4 hours, and not an unbroken 4 hours either. Oh, and I've got the apartment looking much more like a living space and not just a pile of clutter I've been too tired to deal with. This is good, right? I'm only asking because, like I said, my head is behaving oddly and I'm having trouble figuring out what, if anything, I'm feeling just now. Is this normal?
                  What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

I think it's very normal. Your awakening to a new you.

Comment

(IANAP (psychologist)) It sounds like you're coming out of a pile of stress, and your head is feeling odd because you've been so used to being stressed out that it doesn't feel 'normal' anymore not to have that pile of stress weighing on you. Glad you got proper sleep and have enough energy to take care of your personal environment again. Hope everything else also keeps going up!

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                        I swear, some of the best people I know are all members of this site. I'm in a very strange place in my head at the moment, but I feel like I have a whole bunch of encouraging friends right now. You guys are the best.

Want to hear something funny? Yesterday I broke the news to my MIL, and she said a lot of the same things y'all are saying here. Mums is awesome sometimes, she really is. Then she called me right back and told me that the major competition to my former employer is looking for someone just like me. I don't know that I'm ready to just jump back in, but I sent them my resume anyway because, well, there's the possibility that the fact I just got released from their competitor will catch their attention. I don't know if it was the right thing to do FOR ME, but it's time for a change. Long past time for a change, actually.

I slept for 9 hours last night. For the last 2-3 years I've only been able to sleep maybe 4 hours, and not an unbroken 4 hours either. Oh, and I've got the apartment looking much more like a living space and not just a pile of clutter I've been too tired to deal with. This is good, right? I'm only asking because, like I said, my head is behaving oddly and I'm having trouble figuring out what, if anything, I'm feeling just now. Is this normal?
                        Normal for one person may not be normal for another. But I don't see anything that sounds worrying. You're sleeping longer & better, but not scary long, like hardly getting out of bed. You're keeping busy with chores & things you haven't had time or energy for in a while, but it doesn't sound like you're suddenly obsessing over them ore anything. You're talking to people, considering your options, and sounds like you're keeping an open mind & and optimistic view, and not going into a panic. Sounds like you're handling things pretty well, if you ask me.

Madness takes it's toll....
                        Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Working...
                        X