X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home business SC...

I'm starting to feel Seraph's pain...

I own a small business run 99% online (just bought stock to open a tiny booth at the flea market), had a lady place a largish order (just shy of $100), and all the paperwork saying she'd send me a check.

This was Thursday 2 weeks ago. Sent an email this past Friday with a friendly reminder that payment had not been received....no response. I'm sending another one Friday stating that if payment has not been received I'm canceling the order.

For the record I have NOT shipped the order, since I had a feeling that payment wouldn't be on time.....just gut instinct.

Whats the bet she turns full SC when I cancel?
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Plus she tries to say she never got the emails
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

or just complains that I SHOULD of mailed the items out and that shes good for payment
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Just ensure that any emails stating that the email address was false (such as MAILER - DAEMON) didn't mistakenly go to your spam folder or something similar. Did she also leave a phone number?

Comment

no she didn't....

I gave slightly more leaway on payment getting here since it WAS over the easter weekend, and I've not had emails bounce back to me.

Comment

Maybe try sending her a snailmail letter as well. It would likely arrive at just about the same time as the email.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I just had a guy like this. I've been selling stuff I don't need anymore online to clear out some room. This guy bought about $200 worth of stuff. I sent him an email letting him know I would ship it as soon as I get payment. I waited for almost 2 weeks, sending a reminder of payment every couple of days. He finally emailed me back asking why I haven't sent everything yet and to stop asking for the payment because he wont pay till he can inspect it. He got upset when I told him that it doesn't work that way. It's payment before shipping to be sure I don't get scammed. He then tried to tell me that no one asks for payment first and that I was being unreasonable. I told him again that I will not ship until he pays and that I have given him enough time to pay so he has 24 hours to pay me or I will cancel the sale and relist everything. His swear ladened email came 30min later. I printed it and now look at when I need a good laugh.

Comment

I'm giving her till Friday, to either have the payment here, or email me with a arrival date....

otherwise my next email will be a notification of order canceled, and her name being restricted on my site from ordering.

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
                  He then tried to tell me that no one asks for payment first
                  No one asks for....bfffft...hehmmmmm... BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh wow. I needed a good laugh. Thanks!
                  "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                  "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                  "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                  "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                  "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                  "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                  Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                  "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                    No one asks for....bfffft...hehmmmmm... BAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh wow. I needed a good laugh. Thanks!
                    Me and you both.

When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                    X