Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people make assumptions about people they don't know?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ You are made of win.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I asked ONCE. I'm a fast learner and in my defense never had been warned of 'things not to ask'
      never done it again (well, maybe to my brother when he gained weight).

could be the name also, Food Lady

F I=
      O milk laden well developed
      O breastessess
      d baby bump

I (Lady) = preggers.
      “The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.”
      ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

I used to get jokes about being pregnant, and I'm a guy.

I should've just responded "Yeah, I'm pregnant with your girlfriend's child."
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What I'd like to know is this:

Where in Emily Post does it say that it's perfectly okay for a total stranger to comment on another's appearance?????

Yes, I KNOW my nose is red . . . you see me standing on a footstool, with a door open on the ICE CREAM freezer with gloves on my hands, picking up and looking at boxes of ooey, gooey good stuff.

YET you seem to think it's perfectly okay for not only YOU but your grown daughter to both comment on my nose????????

Both of you need to go straight to Hell . . . Do NOT pass GO, do NOT collect $200. Don't know how ya'll were raised, but I learned as a small child that if you're not sure if something you want to say is okay, then keep your damned mouth shut!!!

And, that in a nutshell, was the tone of my day . . . how was ya'lls?
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

As my mom put it , "If you meet a guy with a third arm, you don't ask him 'What happened to you? Where'd you get the third arm?' !!" She was fairly outraged on my behalf when she exclaimed that, so yeah, it's a bit nonsensical. Moms....

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              I used to get jokes about being pregnant, and I'm a guy.
              I should've just responded "Yeah, I'm pregnant with your girlfriend's child."
              Well, at least no one's ever mistaken me for a guy. But I don't get it. I would never take you for female. Even when you need a haircut.

Comment

All I can say is, Rule #39 on this list. Lots of other good rules to go by, as well ^_^
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Meh, I'm from a place where people always feel the need to point out the obvious. It's like, they think you have no idea how you dressed yourself or what you put on your face.

But the best way, I've found, to deal with Captain Obvious fucktards is to just answer like this:

Dumbass: Wow, that's a lot of dark eyemakeup!
                  Me: Really? Had no idea.

Dumbass: You know there's black streaks in your hair?
                  Me: Really? Nope, never knew it, never saw it.

Dumbass: You always gotta dress like it's a fashion show?
                  Me: Yes.

Trust me, these tards are just looking for a reaction.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    Meh, I'm from a place where people always feel the need to point out the obvious. It's like, they think you have no idea how you dressed yourself or what you put on your face.

But the best way, I've found, to deal with Captain Obvious fucktards is to just answer like this:
                    That's how I responded to former CWs at the wholesale club when I went back there after I started shaving my head.

Them: "What happened to your hair?"
                    J2K: (feeling bald head) "Why, what happened to--OH MY GOD!"
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      "How long do you have to go?"
                      If this a frequent question, just have a standard answer ready. For instance: "twelve miles" or "14 minutes".
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                        That's how I responded to former CWs at the wholesale club when I went back there after I started shaving my head.

Them: "What happened to your hair?"
                        J2K: (feeling bald head) "Why, what happened to--OH MY GOD!"
                        heehee! You must be a ball of fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X