This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mattm04 View Post
    I've seen videos of it. Supposedly the managers received a email from corporate with specific instructions on what to do. Some of our stores or other stores in the area have been hit.
    If those instructions do not include "kick the little shit out the door with a size 12 steeled toe boot" I will be dissapointed.

Quoth mjr View Post
    Don't most places like this have security cameras? My suggestion would be to put a security camera in that area (or at least in the store where there are no blind spots). Then when a "claim" happens, you can say, "Well, let's look at the tape..."
    Quoth Flying Grype View Post
    I was going to say, how do you know this is a kid prank? Slip and fall in milk once and everyone will be laughing at your stench for the rest of the day. Sounds more like an insurance scam to me.
    These two have the same answer. The "prank" like the "fake collision" one prior (where the little shits would walk past a stacked item display then jump into it) is a tandem operation. One does it while the other films it on a cell phone. As such, you don't need to view the security video. Just look for the little shit beelining out the store when it happens and turn his phone over to the police. Failing that they always post it on YouTube so just search for the store name and location and you're almost certain to find the proof you need.
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Charges readied in Newfane “milk smashing” case

Found this on another message board - looks like some of the copy-cats have learned the hard way that this doesn't pay.

Apparently the "smasher" was recognized by store employees.... and was dumb enough to brag about his antics on FB.

Sadly, this is just one of at least 10 incidents in that area alone.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 03-08-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Quoth Oniontears View Post
        Google tells me there have been some arrests made following these so-called pranks.
        There was an arrest in my area recently for the same thing. The idiots did it at one store, were spotted but managed to get away, and then got caught doing it at another store.

I'm glad that this sort of thing didn't happen back in my supermarket days. I had to clean up a broken gallon once, and it was a mess. And it wasn't even intentional. From what the cashier told me, it was a freak accident. The customer set it on the counter normally, and the bottom mysteriously exploded. You'd be surprised at the size of the spill from one of those.
        Sometimes life is altered.
        Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
        Uneasy with confrontation.
        Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post

Found this on another message board - looks like some of the copy-cats have learned the hard way that this doesn't pay.

Apparently the "smasher" was recognized by store employees.... and was dumb enough to brag about his antics on FB.

The very one I was going to post, but you beat me to it. I am waiting for the kid's parents to go to the media whining about how he's being treated unfairly.

Side note: Someone I work with told me nobody better try this when she's in a store, because if the milk splashes all over her she will kick their asses. That'd be worth a youtube video! Instant justice!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The idiots who started this "craze" need to be smacked. Repeatedly.

Quoth MadMike View Post
            You'd be surprised at the size of the spill from one of those.
            I wouldn't. I've seen a dropped gallon of milk get EVERYWHERE on more than one occasion.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Some jackasses just did this today where I work. I wish I had seen this post earlier (I might have thought to watch the video before they left).
              Please wait patiently I have enough sarcasm for everyone.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post

You know, there's an internet radio show I follow where there' a recurring comment made by the hosts. To paraphrase: "Facebook is probably not the place to brag about how you got away with breaking the law."

This also goes for YouTube.

Comment

Last weekend, we had a group of kids come in. They made the mistake of telling the meat market guy their plans of doing this with a jug of milk. Luckily he managed to set them straight about what a bad idea that was.
                  My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

... the temptation rises to give the brats broomhandle backbones, pushbroom them down to the spill, and command: "Tongues! Start licking!"
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Just read in one of our local papers that three teens from a local high school who called themselves "three cheeky kids with a camcorder" ("three idiots with obviously no functioning brain cells between them" would have been far more appropriate) who have done this and posted it to YouTube, Twtiter and Chaizy Channelhave been charged by Fairfax County Police with seven gallon smashing incidents. Each incident nets them a charge of:

1) Disorderly Conduct - A misdemeanor punishable by up to a year in jail and a $2,500 fine.
                      2) Destruction of Property - A misdemeanor unless the damaged property is worth more than $1,000 in which case it becomes a felony punishable by 1 to 5 years in prison and a fine of $2,500.

Think about it. Maybe the milk itself isn't worth $1,000 but when you figure in the fact it had to be cleaned up, lost sales, etc., you could make a case for more than $1,000 worth of damages.

I hope the judge gives these three clowns many hours of community service to think about what they've done. And I don't see any colleges scrambling to admit any of these idiots either (two are 16, one 15; so more than old enough to know better)!

And the best part? According to the article the three teens did an online interview with rightthisminute.com where they "say they are sorry that the prank offended anyone, and say they are 'thinking about' offering to pay for the spilled milk."

Oh, I think they'll be paying all right...
                      Last edited by eltf177; 04-01-2013, 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                        If those instructions do not include "kick the little shit out the door with a size 12 steeled toe boot" I will be dissapointed.
                        I'd settle for, "hand the little shit a mop and make him clean the mess." Bonus points if you keep dumping glassfuls of milk on the floor, telling him, "You missed a spot! Do it all over!" preferably with the store employees pointing, laughing and filming it to post on YouTube themselves.
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                          I'd settle for...
                          We mopped up the milk and have stored it in the evidence locker. Now that you've been convicted, you *will* drink it.
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            I'd settle for, "hand the little shit a mop toothbrush and make him clean the mess."
                            Fixed for your convenience.
                            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              I'd settle for, "hand the little shit a mop toothebrush and make him clean the mess."
                              Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                              Fixed for your convenience.
                              You are way too easy on the guy. Make it a Q-Tip (cotton swab).
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                                You are way too easy on the guy. Make it a Q-Tip (cotton swab).
                                even evilier a single thread about 6 inches long and they have to use the same thread to clean it ALL up. or at least "mop" the floor with said thread.
                                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                                X