Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to know her answer to, "How would you get the call if you don't have a phone?"

I'm picturing this woman standing over the sink with an ear to the faucet, or something...
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
      Maybe the gate should call her refrigerator.

Then it can write down the message and stick it to itself with a fridge magnet.
      Like the next iteration of this fridge?
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth BowserKoopa1 View Post
        Sooooo, how can this person not understand the concept of the telephone?
        Quoth siskaren View Post
        How does this person not have a phone?
        I sometimes get people who tell me that they don't have email or they don't have a phone number. They think that I'm going to do something evil with it. Honestly, all of the evil stuff goes by mail...

Most suddenly remember that they really do have email or a working phone once I tell them that I can't accomplish their request without it.

Today, he called (on what?) my office to complain that we should install an intercom inside his condo so his guests could reach him. Never mind that this would cost WAY more than a landline to buy or maintain. I entered in the phone number from the caller ID to the gate system, so we will see if the gate suddenly starts working.

Comment

They make a T-shirt for situations like this.

Comment

I am SO getting one of those.

Especially if I have to go back to working for Wally.

The blue vest should hide the logo perfectly.

B
            "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
            I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Argus - Someone here has, or at least had, that as their avatar at some point. ^_^
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Call you at the phone number you don't have? Sure.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Raveni, I'm a little worried.

Most of us here have learned that attempting to parse "Customer Logic" is like teaching a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys your brain.

But here:

Quoth Raveni View Post
                  Me - Do other people call you on the phone that you don't have?
                  SC - Of course not! That's silly!
                  you step a little too comfortably and quickly into Bizarro World and actually communicate effectively with one of Them.

I suggest a CAT scan and maybe some therapy.

Comment

SC "logic" like this can best be summed up as:

It's the 21st Century! Do what I want.... because... TECHNOLOGY!!!!
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post
                      Maybe the gate should call her refrigerator.

Then it can write down the message and stick it to itself with a fridge magnet.
                      True story the first : one of my friends emailed out a list of funny answering machine messages, including that one (wording was slightly different.) It tickled me so much, I changed my outgoing message. Later that day, I called up my boyfriend. He had changed to the same message, not knowing I had changed mine! Yeah, we're married now 15 years, this month <3

True story the second : One day not too long afterwards, I got a call from my mom. "Honey, what's wrong with your answering machine?"
                      "Huh?"
                      "When I called earlier, the refrigerator said it was broken!"
                      "MOM!"
                      "What?"
                      "..."
                      "... Oh...."
                      Yeah, she's still my mom
                      Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                      At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                        Raveni, I'm a little worried.

you step a little too comfortably and quickly into Bizarro World and actually communicate effectively with one of Them.
                        Ah, that would be my many years of Child Psychology. It taught a lot of ways to approach things with people who aren't quite aligned with reality.

Comment

I've gotta get that shirt! LOL!

Quoth Argus View Post
                          They make a T-shirt for situations like this.

Comment

I know that SC's and logic are as foreign to each other as fish are to the sand in a desert..but this goes beyond a logic problem. I .. have no terms for what the problem is, I think I would have to learn Galactic Common to even come close..but it is not just a simple logic issue....
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Elderly person with dementia?
                              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                              X