This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for insulting my intelligence

I'm checking out a couple and the wife is paying me while the hubs digs out pennies and stacks them up on the counter. I ignore that because he says nothing about what he's doing. I give her the change and she looks at him funny and he says to her "That would've been too confusing." about the pennies. Apparently because I work retail I can't do math? The wife tells him, "You should've told her." At least she stuck up for me.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Too bad you couldn't have said, "Tell me about it! I'm confused as to why she's with you.."

Comment

In YOUR defense FL (ie., he might not have been dissing you personally), custys are a lot more likely to encounter math impaired checkers these days. If I don't have the pennies accounted for before whoever's on the register punches in the cash tendered, I don't bother. Of course, a simple "I might have some change for that" would have negated the whole issue.

Comment

I don't mind if a customer digs out exact change after I've punched in the tender, as long as they tell me (something like "I think I have the change" will do), but handing me the change after I've already counted out their change and closed the drawer? A bit annoying especially if the amount they give me doesn't make sense (7 cents when the change due is 20 cents or something equally odd).

I can do the math in my head to some degree (bill is $11.75, they give me $20 and then later come up with another $1.75 because they want a tenner back), but not with the odd amounts that don't make sense ($20.07 for a $10.50 bill...wtf...and then they bitch about getting singles and more coins back).

As a customer, I don't bother with the exact change if I don't have it ready right then.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          I'm checking out a couple and the wife is paying me while the hubs digs out pennies and stacks them up on the counter. I ignore that because he says nothing about what he's doing. I give her the change and she looks at him funny and he says to her "That would've been too confusing." about the pennies. Apparently because I work retail I can't do math? The wife tells him, "You should've told her." At least she stuck up for me.
          Yeah, how're you supposed to know he wasn't just counting his change just to count his change? It's happened before. Yes, he should've said something, even just, "I've got the change here." He didn't exactly hand it to you, either. And if you had taken the change, who knows, he may have yelled at you for taking his money!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
          X