This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil did not see his shadow!

I think they are trying to sweet talk us. "Chuckles" in CT did not see his shadow either.

I had to use my micropsikes to get to my car today, and after 30 mins of scrapping....my car is still 1/2 covered in ice.

Watching "Groundhog Day" today
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Watching 'Groundhog Day' is probably the best thing to do.

Everything's covered in ice. Just walking around the neighborhood looks and feels like a dance number from 'Mary Poppins'.

Get yourself warm and well-provisioned. Crank up the DVD and let'er fly.

All we can hope for is the ability to get out and load up for all the Super Bowl Sunday essentials.
    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Some other Groundhogs have predicted 6 more weeks of winter. Either way, it's STILL 6 weeks till Spring & even then, around here, in south-central Pa, it doesn't get warm till around the end of May & then it gets HOT...lol.

Comment

No snow or ice here in SW PA. Lots of rain last night though--my street was a constant stream, even at midnight. Luckily, none of that crap was frozen this morning...since it was about 40 F when I left for work. It's going to suck tonight though--the low is 17
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Jimmy the groundhog canceled his appearance in WI due to...wait for it...too much snow....
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
            Jimmy the groundhog canceled his appearance in WI due to...wait for it...too much snow....
            Guess he didn't see that coming, huh?
            "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
            "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I think Phil and all the other groundhogs got it right.....well, considering the weather now. XD
              Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

There was no freakin' sun...how was he supposed to have a shadow?
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I don't put much faith in groundhogs. Only reason they even come out of their holes, besides being dragged out for slack-jawed tourists, is because they are horny and hungry. Sadly, that is still as reliable as human weather forecasts.
                  Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                  Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

Working...
                  X