Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kid gave me quite a scare today! (aka - flu sucks)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
    And, BE, that still sounds better than what VictorySabre's kid-relations has (have?). I hate hate hate vom. So gross. I hope the small ones feel better soon, or it might be a trip to the hospital for them too! (small bodies= not much to deal with illness to begin with...)
    Yeah, all in all I think I preferred that to the time I got what I think was food poisoning and spent a day and a half puking my guts out. I actually did throw up a little with the pneumonia just because I was coughing so hard, but it wasn't anything like the other thing. And I got to lay in an adjustable bed (my grandmother used to live with us and we still have it) watching the Olympics and sleeping all day.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

He seems to be feeling a bit better, but I'm sure he has another few days of feeling really awful.
      If it hits him the same way it did me last year, he's got at least a week. After the fever and aches and shakes go away, he'll still be lethargic and weak for a while. For about a week after I got over the flu I hardly could eat and just wanted to sleep when I wasn't working.

I didn't get a flu shot this year, and knock on wood, I haven't been sick at all this winter. Not even a cold.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
        I figured as much, Peppergirl. Most sons are taller than their mothers, it's almost a trope! Or... it is...?
        And, BE, that still sounds better than what VictorySabre's kid-relations has (have?). I hate hate hate vom. So gross. I hope the small ones feel better soon, or it might be a trip to the hospital for them too! (small bodies= not much to deal with illness to begin with...)
        I got a flu shot, and then a few hours later it was like I had food poisoning. Thankfully it stopped. Still meant a sleepless night.
        They still have it. My niece is getting better and, might, go to school tomorrow, according to my sister. My nephew is in terrible shape, still, though. The worst part is that Saturday I was supposed to take them ice fishing for his cub scouts. I hope they're not too upset over this not happening.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
        X