Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aussie women I need your help! (bra-related stuff :P)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie women I need your help! (bra-related stuff :P)

So I went bra shopping today....and had a hell of a time trying to find my size.

For those overseas, Australian cup sizes go from A-M (I think it's M), while band sizes go from 8 (in some places) to 24. I'm around a 14-16E.

Oh dear lord, it took me 2 hours to find 2 bras that fit me. I had to reject the rest based on the following: they were a minimizer (the last time I tried one on, I felt like I was being crushed), they were too frilly (for something I'd wear when with boyfriend, it's fine, but for an everyday one I want something NORMAL) or they weren't suitable for the purpose (i.e. the ones remaining weren't practical for everyday wear). Fortunately I managed to knock up a sports bra in my size as well as something racy. Both of these I managed to do without breaking the bank either.

So for the Aussies out there, can anyone recommend any good bra shops for women around my size, which won't break the bank? I am really not wanting to fork out $50 for the one bra.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I'm an 18G!

I'm in Melbourne, and use Lisa's Lacies. http://lisaslacies.com.au/

You can also try Bella Forma http://bellaforma.com.au/

Both have physical-world locations as well.

Try a search on 'large size bra' and limit it to Australia. I've personally used both Lisa's and Bella Forma, and had good experiences with both.

If you possibly can, find one with a physical store close enough for you to go there and be personally fitted.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I was about to suggest the Red Bullseye, because I've found some comfy and well-wearing yet cheap bras there but they probably wouldn't work for you. Dammit, I'd be jealous of both of you (12B) but those sizes sound like they'd hurt your backs.
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I'm on the waiting list for a reduction.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Hmm. I just looked it up and by Aussie sizes, I'm a 10DD/E.

Damn.
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Working...
          X