This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• commericals that annoy

I know this has been talked about millions of times, but I seen a commerical last night that pissed me off. A woman and man are sitting on their stairs.The woman says she always trying to improve her family. Well the next shot is of a the man in the garage and he has just finished his fantasy football board, its huge and is covered in post it notes. Well the woman walks in and shows him the new post it notes, the entire thing sticks she shows him on the board.
    He says so and then she proceeds to use a leaf blower to blow all his fantasy football notes away. And then she smiles like a bitch and walks away. It ends with the man saying she disrespected my man cave and she(once again) smiles like a bitch and says I do what I can. I wanted to jump through the tv and slap the look off her face. I'm a woman and even I'm sick of these commericals that show men being idiots and wimps. And of course the wife is always smart and right. I dunno this commerical strck me the wrong way.
    So is there any commerical that pisses you guys off?

There are a lot of commercials that annoy. Here's my favorite non-favorite advert.

It's for X natural vitamins. The spokesperson is interviewing people (probably actors) on the street. 'X natural vitamins are screened to ensure that they contain no metal. Can your vitamins say the same? Do you want to be biting on a hubcap? Switch to X vitamins today and avoid ingesting metal'

Whoa, hold on here. Ingesting metal doesn't mean biting on a hubcap. Iron and zinc are metals. They're also usual ingredients in multi-vitamins.

It reminds me of a scare back in the 1970s. I was on line behind a young woman at a pharmacy. She wanted to be assured that her shampoo didn't 'contain any PH'.
    Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

all commercials annoy me - a lot of them try to be funny, but fail.

Any advert that goes on about 'crazy' sales, repeated ads, ads that blatantly use disasters, cliched ads....all are pathetic

Often people will say: 'Ah, but the commercial got your attention'

Yes, attention about who I will not buy from...

I once got a survey from a large chain store as I was wandering past - asked why I was not keen on shopping there, I answered that their commercial annoyed me, so I won't.

The look on the face was of confusion for some reason.

Comment

The old fart on that gold mining show commercial - no guts no glory in that screetchy voice makes me all stabby. Not to mention at some point in one of the commercials it is made somewhat clear that they all are having financial issues, and at least one is in foreclosure... so one of them babbles some drivel about isnt it possible to risk it all nowdays in america or some such nonsense. Hubby said that if he ever did something like that instead of getting whatever job he could to pay the bills I would probably be divorcing him faster than he could get a flight to Alaska. I will never watch that stupid show.

Frankly, almost every commercial for every reality show on TV makes me stabby, I do not understand why people watch that crap. I watch TV for entertainment and escapism - I do not want to be reminded about cleaning house, dirty diapers, paying bills or crap like that. Wrestling has taken over the SF channel, 75% of the channels are predominately infomercials. I am literally about to cancel cable except if we do that our internet gets way expensive. We live out in the sticks and Charter Comm is about the only internet other than dial up available =(
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

The worst ones in the UK in my opinion feature the fat comic opera singing man used by an insurance comparison company.

For those feeling brave: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...o+compare&aq=f

Quoth Damien View Post

That one certainly does.. apparently they've seen a marked increase in customers.

On the plus side for me, I rarely see adverts, I prefer to record the programs I want to watch, the skip though the ads when I watch them
          Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

I quite like the fat opera-singing man commercials, although they weren't terribly good at finding me cheaper car insurance - i went and talked to a little red telephone on wheels and saved one-third!!!! Up yours, annoying Australian women in pink dresses.

The most annoying commercials are the ones offering either to buy your gold, your mobile phone or your car. For those with especially strong stomachs, and possibly a car to sell, you may choose to follow this link, but don't blame me for the consequences!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXiJBp7HK5o
            A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
            - Dave Barry

Comment

I use the red telephone for my home insurance, and not from a tv advert either, but word of mouth

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
              For those with especially strong stomachs, and possibly a car to sell, you may choose to follow this link, but don't blame me for the consequences!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXiJBp7HK5o
              I had to look!
              Once again, I'm glad I record programs
              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

Thank goodness for the DVR and On Demand programs (though they are starting to put more and more commercials in the On Demand programs, which is obnoxious).

I hate misleading commercials. There are so many of them I won't go into details, but any time a commercial blatantly misleads about the product or service, it just irritates me.

I hate the "lose fat pill" commercials. "This pill has been proven to help you lose more weight than starvation!" What scares me is that that is a selling point to a lot of people, rather than losing weight and getting in shape intelligently.

I have ranted enough about the "FreeCreditReport.com" commercials and their ilk, so I won't go on here, other than to say that they still suck...AND are misleading.

Any commercial for a lameass product that uses a great rock song irritates me. Why would these artists, many of whom don't need the money, still sell their songs to peddle some cheapass crap? Props to The Doors, who still continue to honor Jim Morrison's strongly-held belief that their songs should never be used in a commercial. I don't know that I can name any other legendary band that hasn't sold a song or had one of their songs sold (if they don't have the rights to them) for a commercial. Including, sadly, my favorite band.

Any commercial where they repeat a phone number eight hundred fucking times in 30 seconds. This is worse on radio, but I have seen it on tv as well.

I'm sure there are more, but I have shit to do today, and my brain is not quite on top of things yet.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                Still A Customer."

Comment

The one about Charmin toilet paper. The bear is singing obviously about sex, saying "When it feels right. I feels so good". Then it shows him sitting on the toilet. WTF?? What does toilet paper have to do with sex.
                  Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Quoth RavenStarr View Post
                    The one about Charmin toilet paper. The bear is singing obviously about sex, saying "When it feels right. I feels so good". Then it shows him sitting on the toilet. WTF?? What does toilet paper have to do with sex.
                    I never thought he was singing about sex. I have, however, definitely been in some public and restaurant bathrooms where they had low quality, one-ply, rough, scratchy toilet paper, and so I completely understand what the bear is singing about!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Damien View Post

Yes, attention about who I will not buy from...
                      see, but advertisers don't care about you or your feelings, at least not as an individual. they care about the collection of individuals, and if the commercial gets one person's attention, it also got the attention of hundreds if not thousands of others who will buy from them, even if there are a few who will not due to the commercials.
                      My Space

Comment

Quoth tacohuman View Post
                        see, but advertisers don't care about you or your feelings, at least not as an individual. they care about the collection of individuals, and if the commercial gets one person's attention, it also got the attention of hundreds if not thousands of others who will buy from them, even if there are a few who will not due to the commercials.
                        Oh I know that, I also think that the commercials show symptoms of mental instability in the advertisers' 'brain'.

Comment

One morning I woke up earlier than usual and turned on the TV while I made some coffee and worked the morning crossword. I saw something I would never have expected to see outside a humor magazine.

"IF YOU ARE HAVING ONLY ONE BOWEL MOVEMENT A DAY (yes, it was just that loud) You may be retaining ten to fifteen pounds of fecal matter in your lower intestines!"

The product was billed as a fast, effective and safe way to lose weight by getting all that, well you know what, out of your system.

Ookay, the product would certainly make you lose weight. The problem is that the weight would come from your bank account instead of from your body.
                          Research is the art of reading what everyone has read and seeing what no one else has seen.

Comment

Oh, you would lose weight from your body as well. Just not in anything resembling a healthy manner.

And chances are good that you would regain that weight in short order after you stopped using the product. So you would lose more weight more permanently from your bank account.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Cazzi View Post
                              The worst ones in the UK in my opinion feature the fat comic opera singing man used by an insurance comparison company.
                              There's a Facebook group dedicated to hating the Go Compare guy.

Quoth Jester View Post
                              Thank goodness for the DVR and On Demand programs (though they are starting to put more and more commercials in the On Demand programs, which is obnoxious).
                              Netflix Watch Now is your friend.

The only commercials I don't hate are from Old Spice and Jack in the Box.

But I have a special hatred reserved for the scams, such as the "sell us your gold" and "lose weight fast" ones.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X