This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AriGriffin View Post
    The 2011 Toyota Highlander ad where the kid is talking about how only cool parents/people drive that type of car and how he and the other kids are embarassed that their parents drive something else. See:
    This one annoys me as well, but more for the subtext of "Purchase a car FOR your CHILD." I had no say in what car my parents drove, and rightfully so. It'd be nice if they thought about my comfort/safety too, but that's a luxury not many can afford. And sadly, this is being propagated elsewhere. There's a Chrysler(?) commercial where a little girl in the back seat tells the salesperson "We'll take it." as the tag.

Quoth Meganjo23 View Post
    work with a radio company, which was fine and all, except at the end, when they said they were an equal oppurtunity employer. ... It was the fact that after that disclaimer, the announcer says, in an EXTREMELY enthused voice, "Minorities and FEMALES are welcome!"
    Have also heard "are especially encourage to apply..." Makes me think "They're desperate to meet quotas." A local station here ends their recruitment pitch with "We are an EOE... by choice!" Well, as tough a choice as it is between those stiff mandatory fines and giving people an even break, I'm SOOooooo glad you came down on the right side of things....

Comment

There are many commercials that kind of annoy me but the other night I saw one that creeped me the hell out, I think it was for LiveLinks or some other adult phone chat service. A woman goes into a coffee shop and goes to order, she says “I’ll have” and is cut of by the guy behind the counter rattling off a drink name. She looks a little confused and says “how did you know” and he replies “that’s what you had last time” with a “sexy” smirk. They have a voice over say something along the lines of “nothing is hotter than a guy who listens.” This isn’t so bad but when she goes to leave he tells her to have fun at yoga. It’s pretty darn clear that these two don’t know each other like at all and it really just comes across as stalker-ish, it doesn’t help that the woman looks kind of uncomfortable and concerned the whole time.

Comment

Thank you, Solumina, for reminding me that I hate those sex chat lines(I think they're supposed to be dating hotlines, but they always come off to me as sex lines). What disturbs me most is some of the channels that they're on. Cartoon Network(Which is somewhat half surprising, considering some of their Adult Swim content), Nickelodeon(WTF?), I swear I saw one on ANIMAL PLANET... Let's pause a moment here - You're advertising this kind of stuff, on Nickelodeon and ANIMAL PLANET? What business do these chats have on ANIMAL PLANET? Next I'm gonna see them on PBS!
        Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Adverts that currently annoy me, in no particular order.

The Boots advert where the women are doing the shopping while ill because their male S/Os are too ill. This really bugs me + it seems like it bugs a lot of men too - research shows that apparently far fewer men are seeking help while ill to prevent themselves from being ridiculed.

Any cosmetic advert (generally). They tend to have some psuedo science bullshit and a sample for their research is generally less than any meaningful number.

Oh, and go compare
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
            I swear I saw one on ANIMAL PLANET... Let's pause a moment here - You're advertising this kind of stuff, on Nickelodeon and ANIMAL PLANET? What business do these chats have on ANIMAL PLANET? Next I'm gonna see them on PBS!
            For some reason, this popped into my head: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xat1GVnl8-k

Ugh, I just remembered this nauseating commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KUwu...eature=related

It was shown on regular TV, but some of the comments might be NSFW.

And ThirdGenRetail, I love the second line of your sig! I've fantasized about this often!
            Last edited by Rantsylvania 6-5000; 02-06-2011, 01:45 PM.
            Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Working...
            X