This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really, truly hate to admit this

but I think I'm starting to really like Fall Out Boy.

Now now, don't worry, I'm not about to cry all the time and wear black and try to shimmy into girls pants and cut myself. It's just that when it comes to music, I'm a big "melody first, lyrics second" kinda guy, and damn if those boys don't know how to write hooks.

Plus I don't find their music weepy and self-pitying as much as I do aggressive. I mean, "Dance Dance" is a rockin', shake-you-up, get your ya-yas out kind of song.

I understand if you now think less of me.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

I actually love Dance, Dance, it was definitely on my favorite song list for a while after it came out. I haven't heard much more of their stuff, though.

Comment

Well, you do like the Packers, so I'm not surprised .
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I'm sorry, I can't form a coherent response to that because I'm too busy with my SUPER BOWL preparations for tomorrow.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm not familiar with that band, but the idea of you in skinny pants is....well, I'm giggling.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I've heard of Fall Out Boy, but don't know any of their songs offhand. Or onhand, for that matter.

My biggest Fall Out Boy experience was when, a few years ago when I was back home in Phoenix, I got on the phone and worked the redial to death until I won my niece tickets to a FOB concert.

Back then, she actually appreciated her uncle and wasn't such a diva wench.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

I like fall out boy....

Comment

"Dance, Dance" seems to be the most popular of their songs... I think it's a bit regular, though.

I much prefer "Sugar, We're Goin Down".

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  For some reason, that song title (I didn't actually listen to the song) brought back an old memory of Transvision Vamp's "Back on My Knees Again." Ah, memories of the college radio station. And Wendy James...mmmm.....

Just gonna guess that FOB's song is much, much different.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                  X