This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Party!

So, is anyone doing anything special tomorrow for the super bowl? Sunday is my gaming group's regular D&D day, so my husband and I are hosting and I'm making a bunch of little appetizers. Bacon wrapped li'l smokies, teriyaki chicken & pineapple bites, pepperoni pizza rollups, queso dip, and fruit dip. We just got done skewering the smokies and chicken bites so most of the prep work is done. I don't think the guys are actually staying for the game (we normally meet at noon, and one of the guys is going to another party in the evening) but, being from Wisconsin, I feel obligated to turn the game on, even though my husband and I NEVER watch football, and at least keep an eye on the score. I'm mostly just using it as an excuse to make a bunch of food for everyone.

Fiance is a Packers fan, so we're definitely watching. We'll probably fix some snacks, but he didn't feel like shopping this afternoon, so I guess we're going to fight the crowds tomorrow. *headdesk*
    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I am working the pre-game, game and aftermath. praying for a Packers victory so I can be rollin in the tips
      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Dang it, why can't I live near you Maggie. *sighs* Would really be nice to have a D&D group
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I wish you were closer too, Mytical, we're losing one of our best members this summer when he moves away to go to grad school. That'll leave 4 of us in the group, which wouldn't be bad except one of them is a complete waste of a character sheet. We let him hang out with us 'cuz...well...he likes hanging out with us, but he doesn't know how to roleplay (like actually interact with the rest of us) and he doesn't know how to play a decent character (so far he's played a cleric that doesn't cast spells and a barbarian that doesn't rage and instead throws rocks at enemies from behind the spellcasters.) So he doesn't really count, meaning we'll really only have 3 in the group, which is getting a bit small for a good game.

Comment

Friend's house who has a hugenormous back yard and always hosts the festivities, BBQ chikin, burgers, various and sundry baked goods, plenty of boozeahol, and -- in all likelihood -- a Bacon Explosion or two. We're planning to start around One PM.

Good times ^_^
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I have not been to a Super Bowl party since Super Bowl XXIX (49ers over Chargers) in 1995. I always watch it in a bar (and I NEVER work this day...it is one of my Six Holy Days).

The last five years, I have watched it in the same bar, which throws a "private party" where they sell all the seats, and all the food and booze is included in your fee. It's a pretty cool deal, and even after we tip the server, we usually come out ahead. And because the bar is not packed to the gills, but only filled with as many seats as there are, it's very cool, and service is pretty damn quick.

Sadly, this year I will not be at that bar, as they started selling the tickets to the party well over a month earlier than normal, and I got shut out.

So this year, we will be watching from a different sports bar in town, one I frequent, but they are not doing a private party, so the place will probably be jamming. I plan to be in my spot by 4, because I know it'll be a madhouse by game time. One major disagreement: my friend Photo Dude, his girlfriend, and another couple want to sit at a table, but Little Red and I are going to sit at the bar. It's just the way we roll.

Speaking of rolling, Red and I are about to start the day with breakfast and bloodys....HAPPY SUPER BOWL SUNDAY EVERYONE!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

I'm going to a private party hosted by the local talk radio station. Free food at half-time (Famous Dave's ribs), and the chance to win prizes. The grand prize is a 50 inch plasma TV. I got to see it yesterday when I went to the station to drop off a bag of Bugles, because he thought his co-host took them to Nebraska (he does college hockey play-by-play).

Later in the show, his bag was found in the office, right where it was left on Thursday.
                Last edited by Victory Sabre; 02-06-2011, 03:51 PM.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

My parents are having a Super Bowl party. Most of my family are Steelers fans but it's a pity most of them are out in Pennsylvania and we're in Colorado. It would be awesome to have them all down here (or us up there) for it. I'm still looking forward to it though.

Comment

The last few years I went to my aunt and uncle's house, but my parents didn't mention them doing anything this year, so...(my aunt was in the hospital with pneumonia a couple weeks ago so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't).

I will watch the Puppy Bowl at 3 and I may or may not go do laundry, and if I am home I will be cleaning my room in between commercials. And probably I'll be in chat, too.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I was invited to a party this year, but once again I'm *sick,, this year it appears I have food poisoning...joy. Now I'm curled up in a ball watching the puppy bowl wanting to die to make the icky hurty-ness stop.

*Really all but one super bowl I've been sick in the past 6 years, normally a cold with fever. No idea why, but I've always been sick.
                      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

Feel better soon. My sister used to do the same thing every year when we went to get the Christmas tree. Even if we didn't tell her when it was, she'd wake up with some bug that day. Still don't know what caused it - she wanted to go, but was sick, every year for 4-5 years running.

For the game today, I'm not hosting a party, but I am enjoying the HD experience, while DVRing some of my regular shows...and switching to Puppy Bowl from time to time.
                        That is so full of suck Dyson doesn't know how they did it - shankyknitter

Comment

We got invited to a bar, but decided to stay in. Fiance is a Packers fan, so he's currently on Cloud 9.

Also, what was going on with that halftime show? That's what we in the theatre world call "A Hot Mess."
                          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post

Also, what was going on with that halftime show? That's what we in the theatre world call "A Hot Mess."
                            I'd call it the drizzling shits!!

Comment

I'm watching the game at home in England where it is currently 2am. But if you can't stay up on Super Bowl night when can you?

Comment

Working...
                              X