Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a little straightening up while I watched the Puppy Bowl, then I picked up some dinner and came to my parents' house to do laundry. So I'm on the couch with my computer, reading, chatting, and checking laundry between commercials.

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
    Also, what was going on with that halftime show? That's what we in the theatre world call "A Hot Mess."
    Guns n' Peas? What the hell?
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post

Also, what was going on with that halftime show? That's what we in the theatre world call "A Hot Mess."
      I think "hot mess" is a prerequisite for Super Bowl halftime shows.

The longest 2 minutes and 10 seconds of my life starts now.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yay Packers!!!!
        "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
        Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I still find it strange that the trophy is given to the owner first rather than the players.

Comment

Not a football fan, much less a Packers fan, current residence notwithstanding...

Judging by the fireworks - at least, I HOPE those are fireworks I'm hearing - I think the Packers won.

(I don't know...don't have the TV on...I don't much care, except that when I go on Facebook in a few, my news feed will be bombarded.)
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
              Judging by the fireworks - at least, I HOPE those are fireworks I'm hearing - I think the Packers won.

(.)
              yes those WERE indeed fireworks --- preplanned at 10:45p along with a BIG rally IF the Packers won the Superbowl. A little closer to you than me. I got off work before they started so I did not get to see them. people though were shooting off stuff at 9pm just after the game ended.

you should have seen the line of cars circling the stadium. the cops had all of the streets (read where the 4 major bars are) around the stadium closed off. and the fans were dancing/partying in the streets.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I went to the bowling alley and had all the free soda and junk food I could eat.

And now my pants don't fit.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Gibbo View Post
                  I'm watching the game at home in England where it is currently 2am. But if you can't stay up on Super Bowl night when can you?
                  My little sister, a diehard football fan who lives in England, takes the day after the Super Bowl off every year so that she can stay up Super Bowl night and watch the game live. Her current stated mission is to convert every Brit into an NFL fan, even if she has to do it one at a time. Judging by some facebook chatter I saw on her page, she may have gotten one more convert yesterday.

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  Guns n' Peas? What the hell?
                  I actually thought that that was the best part of the half time show. Slash came out, and my jaw dropped, as that was the last thing I was expecting. Especially funny because I had been telling the guy next to me at the bar during the pregame when some wussy whiney band was playing that the NFL should have more ROCK on Super Sunday, and yeah, I looked forward to the Black Eyed Peas, but give me rock any day.

And then motherfucking Slash shows up and jams with the Peas. And Fergie just absolutely nailed it on Sweet Child. (Doesn't hurt that she is one hot momma.)

Slash at the half time show, playing to the world. Axl had to be pissed.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    And Fergie just absolutely nailed it on Sweet Child. (Doesn't hurt that she is one hot momma.)
                    If by nailed it, you mean, "screeched like a cat with its tail caught under a rockingchair", then yes, she nailed it. They should have gotten rid of all the other performers and just had Slash do the whole thing.
                    "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                    Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

I beg to differ. I thought she did a great job on it.

As for screeching, have you HEARD the original version with Axl? Just saying.

(In my defense, as always, I may be wrong, and by the time half time rolled around, Little Red and I were in our 2nd or 3rd bucket of beer....)

Still A Customer."

Comment

My crew compared here performance unfavorably with a certain performance of Madonna's from some time back...

What I wanna know is, why did they all but MUTE Slash's guitar once she started screeching?!
                        Last edited by EricKei; 02-07-2011, 02:21 PM. Reason: those little words are IMPORTANT!
                        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'm surprised nobody thus far has mentioned Christina Aguilera's first-class botch job on the National Anthem.

She couldn't have done worse if she was Leslie Nielsen in that one Naked Gun movie. At least Roseanne Barr knew all the words.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            I'm surprised nobody thus far has mentioned Christina Aguilera's first-class botch job on the National Anthem.

She couldn't have done worse if she was Leslie Nielsen in that one Naked Gun movie. At least Roseanne Barr knew all the words.
                            She was awful. She screwed up badly and over did it quite a bit. They should've had the girl who performed before her sing it instead.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                              And Fergie just absolutely nailed it on Sweet Child. (Doesn't hurt that she is one hot momma.)
                              And she did, in that she remembered all the words.

Otherwise I found her performance to be a credit to the sound engineer's art.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                                I'll take Christina Aguilera singing the wrong words over Roseanne Barr singing the right words any day of the week. And not just because I'd prefer the one sitting in my lap to the other, either.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X