This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll never let go

This guy wasn’t mean or anything. In fact he came across as someone you would expect to be quite intelligent. Obviously, this isn’t the case.

The SC approached the bar.

SC: Hi there, I was wondering if I could have a word with your staff and ask a few questions?
    Me: OK. Would you like me to grab a manager?
    SC: Yes, that would be most helpful.
    Me: Can I just ask what it is about?
    SC: Well unfortunately it is about a complaint I made.
    Me: Oh. I’m sorry to hear that. I will be back in a moment. I will just go find the manager.

I pulled out M.

M: Hi there sir. What can I do for you?
    SC: Well, I just really don’t know what to say. I just need to start off with that I believe that this place has some very nice staff working here, but I just don’t believe your complaints department is up to scratch!
    M: Well we don’t actually have a complaints department. All complaints are dealt with in house by the manager who is on duty.
    SC: OK, well that’s all very well and good. But I sent a letter here detailing my complaint with my name, address and phone number on it, and I got nothing back! I expected some sort of courtesy call or a reply!
    M: I’m really sorry about that sir, but I don’t know of any letter.
    SC: I don’t really believe you to be honest. And what is more annoying is that it wasn’t even that big a complaint. It was just a little something regarding your portion sizes with a little advice on how to make them better! But not getting a reply has really tainted my opinion of this place!
    M: When did you send the letter sir? Maybe it got jumbled in with other mail.
    SC: It was in July…

M’s eyes widened.

SC: …2006.

M’s eyes nearly popped out.

M: July 2006??
    SC: That’s right. Surely you remember? *turns to CW* Do you remember a letter being mentioned or anything?
    CW: I was 15 in 2006.

SC looked really confused. He looked at me.

SC: You?
    Me: I didn’t work here in 2006.
    M: And neither did I.
    SC: What?
    M: I don’t think there’s anyone working today that worked here in 2006.
    SC: Don’t you know how to keep your staff??
    M: I’m sorry but I don’t think there’s anything I can do for you. Was there no way you could have brought this up a little earlier?
    SC: No. I’m not from the area and this is the first time I’ve been here since my initial complaint.
    M: Well, I’m sorry about the bad experience you had in 2006, but I hope your visit today has been much better.
    SC: Well, it has. But I just can’t believe that no one remembers me or my complaint letter.

He walked away. CW was in the back room crying with laughter. M grabbed the schedule and went through the staff.

M: Out of the 25 members of staff we have here, only three worked here in 2006.

Did anyone ask if he just came out of a coma or perhaps cryogenic stasis?

Because that would explain it.

"All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

He expected a complaint to be recognized 6 years ago by people who weren't even there at the time? Oh wait, I almost forgot where I was.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Did anyone ask if he just came out of a coma or perhaps cryogenic stasis?

Because that would explain it.

That's awesome I vote for stasis!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

It tainted his opinion so much that the first time he was in the area since 2006 he immediately patronized the place again.

Comment

*reads OP*

*brain BSOD*

Out of the zillion things more important going on in this world today and he's whining about a complaint letter he mailed to a pub in England six freaking years ago???

I guess I need to break out the and play him a sad song.

Unbelievable.
            Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 04-24-2012, 05:39 PM.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
              That's awesome I vote for stasis!
              Can we put him back? Please????
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

...I would've just stared at him straight faced and asked if he was from Stedding, or Gallifrey.
                By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  ...I would've just stared at him straight faced and asked if he was from Stedding, or Gallifrey.
                  Or simply:

"...Doctor?"

Accompanied with slight widening of eyes, of course.

Comment

Quoth zenhashi View Post
                    Or simply:

"...Doctor?"

Accompanied with slight widening of eyes, of course.
                    Love it!

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                      Can we put him back? Please????
                      I dont know.. is it really worth keeping a SC around? I mean its not like we have a shortage or anything.

Comment

Quoth barainga View Post
                        I dont know.. is it really worth keeping a SC around? I mean its not like we have a shortage or anything.
                        Better in cold storage than running around loose. At least if he's on ice you know he's not going to be bugging you.
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
                          M: When did you send the letter sir? Maybe it got jumbled in with other mail.
                          SC: It was in July…2006.
                          Since no one recalls receiving his letter, perhaps he should take up the issue with the Post Office. His letter might still be in transit.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Even after you told him you didn't work there in 2006, he still "couldn't believe" no one remembered his letter? Geeeez, talk about big fat ego...
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

This topic title almost made me think it was a rickroll.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X