This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Have the Most Honest and Trustworthy Customers

TL;DR: I left my debit card in the ATM and nobody stole it.

Yesterday evening, I went to pay for my groceries with my debit card and discovered it wasn't in my wallet. Then I remembered that I had gotten cash at the ATM before I left work. The ATM is in the entryway of the bank I work at. With the chip cards, you leave the card in the ATM until you're done with the transaction. Well, it seems I walked away without taking the card out. I mean, I had my cash and my receipt - what else did I need?

I started to freak out a little when I realized what had happened. I paid for my groceries with my credit card, and then drove over to the bank. Swearing and ranting at myself the whole time. I was going to have to get my card hot-carded. I was going to have to change all my automatic payments that I pay using my debit card. I was going to have to pay for things with cash until my new debit card arrived. I was going to have to memorize a new pin number.

I got to the bank and saw it before I even got to the door. Propped up on top of the card reader on the ATM was my debit card. My relief was instant.

I was able to go through the camera history to see who was at the ATM between when I got cash and when I picked up my card. There was only one customer, and I don't recognize him. I almost want to dig a little deeper so I can send him a thank you note, but that might be a little creepy.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

There are 2-3 people still out there that redeem humanity.
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
      There are 2-3 people still out there that redeem humanity.
      Yep.

I once left my purse, which contained my entire rent money in cash in an envelope labeled rent $$ on the bus. It also had my bus pass (which meant I couldn’t transfer to get the rest of the way home and had to hoof it. Also had my cell and iPod). Someone not only found it. Meanwhile I had stepped off the bus and had an oh shit moment while the bus drove away. By the time I got home in tears, whoever had picked up my purse on the bus had not only left it on the ledge by my door (that was hidden from streetview by a butterfly bush. But all my stuff, almost $1200 rent money, my cell iPod and house keys were all there still. When I went to count my rent money to make sure everything was there (because ya know, rent) They has slipped one of those pre-paid visas in. Clearly they had seen the wad of cash. But I guess some people can understand how shity it would be to loose your entire rent money. I don’t make enough to have a savings account and certainly not enough to replace rent.

Seriously though, I can’t say that I am necessarily that good a person. $1200 is a lot of untraceable funds. I would like to think I would though.

There are still good people out there.
      Don’t worry about what I’m up to. Worry about why you are worried about what I’m up to.

Comment

Working...
      X