No announcement yet.

Random Sucky Neighbor Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THAT IS NOT A SERVICE DOG. It should not be barking continually. It should not be left home.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
      THAT IS NOT A SERVICE DOG. It should not be barking continually. It should not be left home.
      It could very well be a service dog. Trained service dogs are NOT supposed to be left alone, they're supposed to be with their person. They'll get rather upset otherwise.

Comment

• Neighbour is not terribly sucky ... yet.

However, Dear Neighbour, no, I did not see an influx of pigeons on my balcony on the day in which you approached me. More than likely because I was at work from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.

He informed me that he has a personally concocted spray mixture of dish soap and (I believe) ammonia or bleach or something equally nasty, and that I am welcome to borrow it.

Thanks, but ... no. As annoying as pigeon poop on the balcony can be, I do not wish to make the little buggers suffer miseries untold for merely doing what pigeons do.

I sincerely hope this is not what I turn into when I finally retire ...
        Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
        ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Ye gods.

I had some clothes in the laundry ... some in the dryer and some in the washer. I went down to check on the dryer and see how the washer was doing.

I walk in and discover I haven't turned the dryer on. I said something joking to the other woman in the laundry room. No response. Okay, well ...

Then I went to get my clothes out of the washer.

Crazed Neighbour: "Oh, those are yours too??"

Me: "Yes."

CN: "You need to watch your timing! You're late! Your clothes have been sitting here!!"

Me: "Uh ..."

I go over to toss them into a dryer.

CN: "Oh, NOW I have to go to another floor ... " *mumble mumble rant*

Me, as I leave the room: "You have a LOVELY day now!"

Soooo ... she scurried off to the office and complained.

Office lady: "I said 'What did she look like?' She said, 'She's short and has gray hair.'" Office lady was laughing and said to me, "Yeah, THAT will narrow it down ..." This is a seniors' building ...

CN repeated that she had TIMED my laundry and had been waiting HALF AN HOUR and blah and blah and blah.

I said:

1) I was pretty sure it was more like 10 minutes;
          2) Why didn't she do what a lot of other people do and take the clothes out of the washing machine and pile them on top?
          3) If she was also complaining that I took up the dryer she wanted, why didn't she just say "Excuse me, I was about to use that dryer"? I had just started the other dryer (the one I'd forgotten about) and would've tossed the second load into that same dryer.

Office lady just laughed and said not to lose sleep over it.

When I went back down to check on my laundry, guess who was there. Pacing in mad circles around in front of her machines.
          ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Thank god I have my own machines now because when someone touches my shit to leave it on top of anything it really pisses me off. Do NOT touch my laundry. But I have my own now and it has been great for the last decade plus.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

• It's 3:00 AM, why are your kids suddenly stomping through the halls and engaging in loud conversation?!

Comment

• Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
                Thank god I have my own machines now because when someone touches my shit to leave it on top of anything it really pisses me off. Do NOT touch my laundry.
                If someone leaves their laundry in the dryer for hours, then as much as I dislike rooting through their unmentionables, I will, because I have laundry I need to finish too.

Comment

• So glad I have a washer now. Don't have a dryer but I won't go down there to use the community one. I'll hang it up.

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    So glad I have a washer now. Don't have a dryer but I won't go down there to use the community one. I'll hang it up.
                    Be careful where you hang your laundry. My mother did that one only to find her bed sheets covered in ticks.
                    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                      If someone leaves their laundry in the dryer for hours, then as much as I dislike rooting through their unmentionables, I will, because I have laundry I need to finish too.
                      Agreed. If it's been sitting there for 10 or 15 minutes, by all means, leave it be, but some people either forget it (this IS a seniors' building, after all ... ) or just can't be bothered to come down and fetch it in a reasonable time. In which case, if somebody else needs to do their laundry and no other machines are open ...

This idiot just went totally bonkers over it, though. Either deal with it or don't but don't get all pissy and whiny and run and tell Mommy that the other lady was "mean" to you.

Quoth catcul View Post
                      Be careful where you hang your laundry. My mother did that one only to find her bed sheets covered in ticks.
                      Did you guys live near woods or open fields?? The worst my grandmother ever encountered (and it frustrated her no end) was ... soot on her clean laundry. They had bought a house right behind the coal-fired foundry where Grandpa worked, so when the wind blew in the "right" direction, it didn't do her laundry much good.
                      Last edited by Pixelated; 03-24-2019, 11:04 PM.
                      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

• Quoth Pixelated View Post
                        Did you guys live near woods or open fields??
                        We lived near woods and a massive farm at the time. The land that farm took up is now covered in almost 100 residential buildings.
                        This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

• Quoth catcul View Post
                          Oh, I have two racks I set up inside and whatever can be hung in the closet goes there. Sheets go over the doors which are wood but have a plastic finish. I'm thinking of getting a third rack so I can do more at one time.

Comment

• Did we not work this out months ago? Why are you playing loud music/games at 2:30 am?

Comment

• No one needs to have a loud conversation IN THE SHOWER AT 2:00 AM.

Comment

• I"m about to lose my damn mind. The upstairs neighbors have a huge leak problem going on in their hallway bathroom, which results in water raining down in my hallway bathroom, and the floor in the hallway getting wet. This is something that started a month ago and that they hid and didn't report to apartment management. They found out when it started raining in my bathroom. Now it's been 3 weeks of catching water out of the ceiling and washing towels that have soaked up water out of the carpet and running a dehumidifier day and night. Along with repeatedly ignored emails and phone calls to the apartment mgmt. We are now dealing directly with the head maintenance guy, and they keep saying it's fixed with some new thing they did but it keeps dripping. I"m about to lose it. I was told today that it was all done, and I was looking forward to coming home from work and relaxing, But not I'm riddled with anxiety instead, and won't be able to sleep for shit tonight either. UGGGGHHHHHH
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Working...
                                X