Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This reminds me of an email I got that was a comercial about a man and his bratty little boy. The boy kept putting some candy inside the shopping cart. Each time he did this, the dad took it out and put it back. This goes on about four times and then the kid LOSES it. He starts screaming, throwing other groceries on the floor, and eventully lying on his back kicking and screaming. Other shoppers give them disapproving looks and the dad just has a look of shock and confusion on his face. At the end it says, "Should have used Something Condoms".

Comment

Quoth kerrisan View Post
      Whoa . . .

I would love a story, if you don't mind. How old was he? What exactly was his accusation? How did he react to the pictures?

If it's too personal of a matter I understand, but it sounds kind of like a good SC story to me!
      I was out of the country at the time, so I don't have many details. Just that my brother tried to get my parents in legal trouble, and the judge wasn't having anything of it.

I can't say he's a better person for it, but I think he's finally beginning (years after the fact) to respect our parents.

Comment

Quoth BunnyJas View Post
        At the end it says, "Should have used Something Condoms".
        Heh, I've seen that commercial. It was pretty funny.

I had one incident where a boy kept turning the bag carousel while I was trying to bag stuff. He eventually stopped but when I started to turn it myself he got mad and told me that I wasn't allowed to turn it. I stared at him and started to turn it.

Another time I had a little girl turning the carousel while I was bagging. When kids do that I tend to grab it so they can't move it. When I did it, she glared up at me and said "you're mean."

Yes...yes I am.

Comment

Ok, so this kid wasn't a customer, but his mom should have done something!

I live on the 2nd floor of my apartment complex, and my comp desk is next to the window. I was sitting at my computer (I think reading posts on this site ) and suddenly I hear something hit my window. I turn and see some little Hispanic* kid laughing and pointing at me; he had just thrown a rock at my window! His dad and mom were just randomly hanging out in the parking lot in their cars (this complex is on-campus housing ONLY) and niether one of them does anything, they just watch. So I take matters into my own hands. I stare blanky at this kid. No facial expression. No blinking. No movement. He looks back up, sees me staring. Looks away. Looks back up. I'm still staring. He does that weird gangsta "what, then?" movement where he holds his arm out, palms out (the kid is no older than 10 ). I don't respond. I just . . . watch him. The smile leaves his face, and he becomes very aggitated.
          Needless to say he stopped bothering me.

*I state that the family was Hispanic because I have a question: Is it custumary for Hispanic families to just go hang out in random places (a parking lot, of all places!)? This just seemed so random to me.
          ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

YES that is the most annoying thing EVER...kids who, while being creative and it's very cute, make WAY to much noice and actully start to annoy you to the point where you actully can't concentrate on what you need to be doing ...had a kid in my local liquer store start screaming....some sort of tune...I have fortunatly got it out of my head so I don't remember it...but the kid only knew a few words of it...so kept repeating it...over, and over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER again....I actully said OUT LOUD...can someone SHUT THAT KID UP....and I wish the mother of that CHILD would use some PARENTING skill and get the CHILD to be QUIET!...didn't work...and I wasn't the only one doing it...she just ignored us and let her little "baby" run around screaming and annoying everyone
            I am evil, I should change my middle name legally TO evil, I'm proud of my evilness! Makes life fun! bwhaha

Comment

I'd quote, but there are just way too many people, and that's why this is a thread. My basic point here is that the way the media has been painting things, good parents are afraid to do what it takes because they don't want to be accused of abuse. Don't get me wrong, being too harsh can do just as much damage (it just shows up later), but you've gotta do what it takes to keep your kids in the happy medium between wild hellion and repressed time-bomb. There's only fixed rule to raising a good child: By Any Means Nessisary
              Last edited by JustADude; 08-11-2006, 12:21 PM.
              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I agree completely, JustADude! If/when I have kids, I will lecture them in the grocery store, drag them kicking and screaming away from the candy/sugar cereals, and even spank them if I feel it's necissary. And I will fight the system if I need to.
                ~*~"If your gift is that of serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, do a good job of teaching." -Romans 12:7~*~

Comment

On a flight from Newark, NJ to Portland, OR, there was a kid who kept saying "look Mommy a_____" fill in the blank with whatever you would normally see while flying on an airplane and he did this the entire trip. i kid you not. 4 HOURS., of this kid. To get an idea of how this was for others, say in a high-pitched voice, "Look Mommy a car, plane, cloud, mountain, rod, building, field, truck, bird, the sun, etc." Until You can't take it anymore, and thenn just do it some more. "Mommy" didn't do/say anything but watched "Johnson Family Vacation" so i guess she suffered as well.
                  As for diciplining kids I've seen it in WM, and most(90%) of the time it's reasonable and not abusive.

Comment

Working...
                  X