This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warehouse 13 RP (IC)

((ok finally got my idea planted out in my head...so here we go...))

Samara gave Josiah a nudge as she turn the car off, having just pulled up in front of a small rather and dingy looking motel, the sound of the sea heard just over the dune in front of them on the other side of the long building.

"hey sleepy head wake up, we're here. I'm so glad Artie was a cheapskate and had to pay for this place...its RIGHT on the beach!"

A few days ago they had gotten a ping for what appeared to be a string of burglaries within some fancy beach rental homes on the outer banks of North Carolina. All they had was some vague eye witness accounts of a long limbed figure leaping over fences, some 6-8 feet tall without breaking a sweat.

Sam had convinced artie to put them up in this hotel due to its location to the beach, but she toting it up as the cheap price.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Noah closes out his email. He had already asked around, but right now there was not much to go on. Seems nobody knew much about this 'creature'. "Bunch of Idjits, swear people have the attention span of gnats."

The few leads from the clippings in the email were drying up fast. So he put in a call to Garth. "Somebody said you might have something in this area. These idjits are about as helpful as a stump. You have any more information." He listens to the response. "Ah now that will be helpful. I'll check out the last place again, maybe this time somebody will know something besides how to sit on their backside." He ends the call. So the 'Micheal's estate' was the last known place to be hit. Time to get ready.

He picked up his Police and Fed ID, just in case, and head off to this 'estate'. "Estate..great a bunch of rich folks who can't tie their own shoes without a servant to help them. Idjits."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Josiah got out of the car, his bomber jacket rustling under the pack he had carried to every assignment in the last three years. He'd grown, too. When he first started on this job, he'd been a rough-around-the-edges factory worker who liked conspiracy theories. Now, he was a rough-around-the-edges Secret Service Agent who liked conspiracy theories and investigated the abnormal.
      "Sam, next time, just tell him the place is cheaper than the other options, first. Not the other way around; I could hear you two arguing from the old B&B."
      Inside their room, he set out his laptop, and checked his holster, ammo, and side-arms. Checking WeAreNotSheep.frm he sighed and glared at Sam.
      "eternal_starlight, did you REALLY need to post-bomb EIGHTEEN threads in one sitting?! And seriously, did you REALLY have to tell the entire world that the 'magic bullet' really was?!"
      Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 08-22-2013, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Sam grins as she enters close behind Josiah, briefly nodding to Noah as she sees him leaving.

"Can't help it that I got bored after that last case....what do you say we wrap this case up quick, spend a few days on the beach, and tell artie it took longer then anticipated? next 4 beers from Mac's and 2 sandwiches of Mac's next time we're in DC are on me if you agree."
        It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

"I'll agree, so long as I'm not required to be on the beach. Remember that case in Saudi last year? The one about Hidalgo's ghost? Yeah, enough sand to last me fifty lifeti- FER GOD'S SAKE, WOMAN!!! You even brought up CHUCKEY?! THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!"

Comment

"check with the local leo's about these crimes, I'm gonna go to the last crime scene and see what they say there. I'm feeling seafood tonight, my treat since I'm hungry enough to eat my weight in shrimp and crabs....did you pack the coffee pot?"

Shes unpacking her bag, which include several string bikini's and various beach clothing, as well as her "official" clothes. she holsters her weapon, and the tesla checking her phone and Farnsworth.

"Call me with any updates...I shouldn't be more then an hour."

Comment

"I wasn't going to, but Artie caught me with the cookie jar. You'd think I was trying to wipe out Fort Knox... So I took the carafe instead. Oh, and it seems a kid in Ta--"
              He turned and started at the sight of the beachwear. "You're going to wear THAT?! Sam, you've quite the figure, but geez, are you ASKING to get pawed?"
              Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 08-22-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

"we live in the middle of Dakota, tell me where I have a chance to work on my beach tan?! sides anyone paws me I'll just shoot them. Call me with any info you find....on the phone, I'll be around "normals".

She gets in the car and drives to the Micheal estate, talking to her grumbling stomach "I know, I know, we'll eat later promise...soon as we finish this case."

After arriving and identifying herself, the officer in charge looks at her funny, "doesn't your office talk to each other? Theres already FBI here..."

The officer gestures to Noah talking with the "victims", she walks up behind me and clears her throat. "Excuse me agent, I didn't realize another agent had been assigned this case."

She puts on her most professional smile, but most definitely looks forced.

Comment

Noah looks at Sam. "Eh you know the brass, they have their heads so far up their rears they have no idea who is on what case. Buncha Idjits." From her stance she was about as much FBI as he was. Another hunter? One he didn't know? It's possible, there are a few out there he hadn't met before.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

she whispers in a low growl, "we'll talk later...." then in a more normal voice, "So what seems to of happened here?"

Comment

Meanwhile, Josiah was taking a different route.

The bell on the door of Blackbeard Comics rang hollowly. The stereotypical comics store, it was "lit", and crammed full of comics, memorabilia, old VHS movies (mostly B- and C-Listers) and the people who love them. In the back-room, a dozen people crowded around a table littered with dice, books, a battlemat, and other D&D paraphernalia.
                      A man in a three-piece tweed suit walked --seemingly -- out of the forties into the main area. "Welcome to Blackbeard Comics, Good Sir. My name is Geoffrey, how may I assist you?"
                      Glancing about, Josiah discreetly showed the man his USSS badge and asked quietly, "Is there someplace I could speak with you, or any of your helpful customers, about the recent goings on around the Outer Banks? In exchange for your assistance in this matter, I have a list of comics I hope you can help me find and purchase."
                      Josiah handed over a list of comic series titles, hoping this wasn't as big a waste of time as the two bars he'd visited had proven.

Comment

Noah listens to the description of what happened and tries to match it up with any number of creatures he knows exist. Problem was nothing matched. Most of the things that go bump in the night are not interested in stealing anything but a persons guts, blood, or such. He takes notes, but little help is forthcoming.

Comment

Josiah:

After talking with the various patrons, getting different stories of theories ranging from a star track killed up by the beach bluff, to aliens (even Josiah mentally questions that theory).

Most think its just a visitor looking to score some money then disappear when the season ends next month and most vacationers leave for the season.

Noah/Sam:

As they both question the victims, Sam asks from strange questions (even by Noah's standard), looking at each of them intently. After they learn nothing new, the wrap up the questions, promising to follow up if they had more, then head out. Getting a fair distance away, Samara turns to Noah and snaps, "And just who the hell do you think you are?"

Comment

"I was about to ask you the same bloody thing. I have a job to do. That job is hunting down the .. unusual or strange. Because there are things out there that go bump in the night, and I bump back."

Comment

she holds out her hand, gazing at him rather intently, "Special Agent Samara Tolson. And believe me, there is nothing weird that I've not seen myself. Now who are you and why are you really here?"

Comment

Working...
                              X