Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Josiah's tone was light and academic, and Sam would notice it was a near-perfect imitation of their old friend, Ted. "Again, the find was on Bing, and Bing has fewer sites to search than AltaVista had in 1993. I call it the worst and most limited for a reason. However, I am leaning toward something from European folklore on this one. Maybe an object that has absorbed many many stories..."

Comment

Sam crosses her arms over her chest tapping her chin in thought, "You both make good points, but we can't exactly just sit around waiting on the next attack...Noah...give me the 50 words or less rundown on what you called a ....hell hound?"
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

"Exactly what it sounds like. Demon dog used by demons, invisible and fifty kinds of mean. Some can be the size of cars."
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

"So, similar to the infamous 'Black Dog' seen by truckers who fall asleep at the wheel?" Josiah referred to the modern lore of truckers who claim to see a black dog made of shadow as they fall asleep at the wheel that attacks just before their rig hits something.
          "Or are we talking something more Beast of Bray Road?" This time, Josiah accidentally referred to a case Sam had once --very briefly-- mentioned working back in the 90's. The sign post now resided in the Dark Vault.

No one --not even Mrs. Fredrick-- ever said more than one or two sentences about that case.

When Sam skewered him with her "Death Stare" Josiah put up his hands and quickly revised, "Big Foot! I meant Big Foot!"

Comment

Noah nods. "Black dogs would be wimpier smaller cousins to these things. Imagine a pit bull that mated with a mastiff, got experimented on to make em bigger stronger and meaner, and then was made so only the person they are after can see them. Ever heard of Wargs? Bigger, and meaner then Wargs."
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Sam turns a dark look to Josiah which seems to lower the temperature 15 degrees, then turns a very warm smile to noah "That was 52, but I'll forgive it."

Noah and Josiah hear a metallic buzzing sound coming from Sam's pocket, to which she quickly excuses herself muttering a quick, "damn beeper..."
              It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Josiah looked at Noah, terrified. "Okay!! So...!!! Goblins!!! Any kin to gremlins?!

Comment

"Only in the fact that both are considered Fae. Both are somewhat cowardly unless they know they have the number advantage, and both are pests. As for the Hell Hounds..my instinct says no. There was a witness who saw a humanoid like figure, which is not the Hell Hounds m.o. I have glasses that can see them, but honestly..unless there is a demon also running around..not going to be the hounds. If it is a demon.. we are way out of our league."

Comment

Sam walks off a distance pulling out a strange (to noah) object from her jacket pocket that looks little bigger then a paperback book, and made of copper or some strange metal. Flipping it open reveals nothing he can see with any clarity, but she seems to be speaking into it, pacing as she walks making broad gestures and generally acting agitated.....before she gives herself a face palm snapping the thing shut and walking back towards them slipping it back into her pocket.

"Home office is less helpful then normal, Josiah, home office has another pi...job for me further up the coast....think you can handle this alone? Shouldn't be more then a day or so...."

Comment

"Alone? With Brother Grimm here?"
                      Josiah looked at Noah, "No offense, but I learned a long time to pay less attention to things that go "bump" in the night than I do what I call 'Reality'."
                      Looking back to Sam, Josiah asked, "Are you really sure about this?"

Comment

((sorry kids had class then a tutoring session))

"I tried...I shouldn't be more then a day...its a bag and tag...less YOU wanna go grab it and explain to the head office....infact....case of Mac's beer if you do! I'll even explain."

((off to bed no more posts from me tonight))
                        Last edited by Sarlon; 09-20-2013, 12:35 AM.

Comment

"It's in D.C., and I have to deal with Agent Holdwell again, or else it's back in Lt. Tibbs' territory, isn't it? If so, I'm gonna require a much bigger bribe than just a single case of Mac's amazing God's-gift-to-mankind beer, Samara. I'm talking shoot-that-carbine-you-never-let-me-touch level of bribe if that's the case, Sam."
                          Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 09-20-2013, 11:21 AM.

Comment

"no.....no....." Sam takes a deep breath that almost looks pained, "he got early retirement last month....a disagreement with the higher ups. No this...job is out on an old plantation in rural Virginia."

Comment

Pained, Josiah asks, "Please tell me I'm not confiscating the Triple-X 2 car. You know what happened the last time I tried to confiscate a car! Artie still hasn't forgiven me, and the Ripley's Museum served me with notice of the Restraining Order's renewal two weeks ago!! And all over a bleeding Pontiac Firebird! NO CARS!!! While I thought him a stiff in a bad suit, I liked Holdwell. Maybe we could get him to sign on with us? We COULD use another team."
                              Last edited by Tyg3rW01f; 09-20-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Sam looks pointed to Noah as she speaks her next words to Josiah, "Home office is faxing over the information to our rat trap....I mean hotel. I'll get another rental car you take the one we came in with."

smiling she focus on Noah, "so....I'm guessing we need to have that talk now....I'll show you mine if you show me yours."

Comment

Working...
                                X