X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Meep-Meepmeep-Meep!*

This isn't sucky, just amusing.

Brought my car to the Meineke I always go to for some muffler work; they do good work on older vehicles.

Near the end of my wait I start hearing *Meep! Meepmeep! Meepmeep meep meep!* A pathetic mewling of a car horn.

Then another string of *Meep meep!*

And some more *Meep!*

I had installed a new horn in my car a year ago that started out 137decibles, but had begun dying. I realized it sounded bad inside the car, but never knew what it sounded like to OTHER people!

I went to the desk guy and asked what was up with the horn. He was laughing and said that it was the weirdest sounding horn they'd ever heard so all the mechanics were taking turns trying it!

Well, I've picked-up one of THESE to install. They'll get a surprise next time they work on my car! So will any jerk driving in front of me too!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

They were acting like 12-year-old boys. I can just picture 'em all crowded around the car, trying to get turns.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

what came to my mind with the title was the RoadRunner. Meep Meep
      "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post

Well, I've picked-up one of THESE to install. They'll get a surprise next time they work on my car! So will any jerk driving in front of me too!
        Mechanic: "Oh look, it's the little car with the funny horn! Let's meep it!"
        Car horn: UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP!
        LillyFilly: *sits in lobby with a satisfied grin on face*
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I'm remembering Fat Freddy Freakowtski filling the entire front trunk with speakers + a 1000W amplifier + an 8-track recording of a semi load of live hogs locking up its brakes at 80 MPH...

After half an hour waiting for the street dancers caroling "Here come da man with da horn dat go meep-meep!" to clear the crosswalk.

[/Old_Hippie]
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth pitmonkey View Post
            what came to my mind with the title was the RoadRunner. Meep Meep
            The sad thing is, that's almost EXACTLY what my horn sounds like!
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
              After half an hour waiting for the street dancers caroling "Here come da man with da horn dat go meep-meep!" to clear the crosswalk.
              I do believe the sound was "bleat bleat."

"I think I gots to cross the street."

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                I do believe the sound was "bleat bleat."
                Keed Spills! (brian sells)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                  I'm remembering Fat Freddy Freakowtski filling the entire front trunk with speakers + a 1000W amplifier + an 8-track recording of a semi load of live hogs locking up its brakes at 80 MPH...
                  Any relation to Fab Five Freddie?
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                    Any relation to Fab Five Freddie?
                    No, dalesys was referring to one of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. Specifically this guy:

I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Before you head off, try mounting one of the horns on the inside and see if they'll be tempted to relive old memories. On the other hand, this may incite upholstery cleaning bills..

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                        No, dalesys was referring to one of The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers. Specifically this guy:
                        Yeah, I know that. I was making a joke. It reminded me of "Rapture".
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                          Yeah, I know that. I was making a joke. It reminded me of "Rapture".
                          And there I go, taking another rhetorical question literally. I think I'll go hide somewhere...
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                            And there I go, taking another rhetorical question literally. I think I'll go hide somewhere...
                            Well, I didn't know who it was, so thank you for answering the question, anyway.

SC
                            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                              I'm remembering Fat Freddy Freakowtski filling the entire front trunk with speakers + a 1000W amplifier + an 8-track recording of a semi load of live hogs locking up its brakes at 80 MPH...[/Old_Hippie]
                              Nah, Phineas T. Freeakears, was it not?

Comment

Working...
                              X