This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, so ExC went a little overboard here, and posted on a website about the fact that everything was disabled, we can't sell the games anymore, blah blah, because the company was sold. And then he promptly listed their direct email addy with a plea to send them complaints about it.

I just finished speaking with one of the tech support higher ups with Script Company...apparently they were FLOODED with emails, and have decided to re-enable all plugins for our site.

I've still decided to no longer sell new games, because who knows what they will do at a later date. This is perfectly fine with me, but for some reason Script Company saw this as a hostile move by me, and got a little nasty with me about it.

Once I made it perfectly clear that I did not care about not selling new games, it was the underhanded method of which they went about things....then they calmed down.

Also, they were more than a little peeved that word circulated so fast about who the new owner is. Although, they can't pin down who spread it, but they did notice that apparently New Owner slipped in one reply to a support ticket, signing his real name.

So....word spread DOUBLY fast, lol.

This was such an amusing victory. Really. <3
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

This just keeps getting better and better and better and better and---

OH!!! lookit the chocolate, yay!!

(Lupo, sufferer of ADOS - Attention Deficit OHSHINY!!! Syndrome)

Comment

OHMIGAWD. Sorry for yet ANOTHER update!!!!

NEW OWNER CONTACTED ME PERSONALLY.

He apologized for everything, and offered to do whatever he could to help out, and to repair "any broken fences". He admitted he didn't realize who was the owner of the company, and that once he found out it was me, he did whatever he could to fix things. (bwaha, told you I have influence)

We chatted for a bit, and he offered to continue sending people my way for "needed quality design work", and hoped that I'd continue recommending his script.

Was rather refreshing that he came out and apologized for it, and that he scrambled to fix everything. I think I'll keep an eye on things for a while, and just trust them about as far as I can throw them until they prove themselves again.

Nya~ <does victory lap>

Comment

Hee hee hee . . . Whee hee hee . . . *has asthma attack from laughing*

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
            once he found out it was me, he did whatever he could to fix things.

[deleted, for I have a delete key and am not afraid to use it]

trust them about as far as I can throw them until they prove themselves again.
            I think they have proven themselves. They'll happily screw over anyone unless it could come back on them...

Comment

Also to quote Bugs Bunny...what a bunch of maroons Glad you got it sorted, even though I missed the popcorn party!
              "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth TheCheerfulTreeRat View Post
                I think they have proven themselves. They'll happily screw over anyone unless it could come back on them...
                This. He did come out and say that "he didn't realize who was the owner of the company, and that once he found out it was me, he did whatever he could to fix things". Meaning if it wasn't you, they'd continue to be steamrolled.

Comment

What Draco says is very important - I'd still move all future business away from Old Company, especially given the cloning of your games and general attempts to directly compete against you.

Comment

Quoth Draco View Post
                    This. He did come out and say that "he didn't realize who was the owner of the company, and that once he found out it was me, he did whatever he could to fix things". Meaning if it wasn't you, they'd continue to be steamrolled.
                    Quoth Hanzoku View Post
                    What Draco says is very important - I'd still move all future business away from Old Company, especially given the cloning of your games and general attempts to directly compete against you.
                    For sure. I know for a fact that if I wasn't who I was, I'd still be stomped. And I fully expect them to shut things down again once they think I'm not looking.

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                      He apologized for everything, and offered to do whatever he could to help out, and to repair "any broken fences". He admitted he didn't realize who was the owner of the company, and that once he found out it was me, he did whatever he could to fix things. (bwaha, told you I have influence)

We chatted for a bit, and he offered to continue sending people my way for "needed quality design work", and hoped that I'd continue recommending his script.
                      How much of this was in writing? Remember Neil Boortz's lawyer cliche: If it's not in writing, it didn't happen.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                        How much of this was in writing? Remember Neil Boortz's lawyer cliche: If it's not in writing, it didn't happen.
                        I have chatlogs of it, screenshots of said chatlogs, and a backup plan that timestamps each backup.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          Don't forget your screwdriver!

(of St. Vidicon)
                          Escape Velocity. Love that book . . . one of my favorites
                          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                          X