This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ow! My brain!

Went out to Wendy's for lunch on my way to work, like I do. I'd recently found out that particular location has sweet tea as a drink option, so, I ordered my meal, with 'sweet tea', like I usually do... the girl taking my order types it in, then looks at me and deadpans, "Would you like that sweet, or unsweet?"
    "Sweet, definitely sweet. No ice."
    "I call murder on that!"

Quoth Juwl View Post
    No ice."
    What is this.
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

No ice is just how I prefer my drinks... particularly sweet tea, if it's fresh, it's nice and hot and soothes my poor throat as it goes down
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I thought sweet tea was a southern thing, and usually cold? Like iced tea? Do you mean cold but no actual ice in it?
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Where I grew up, it was always cold / iced. But I'll order it without ice, too, expecting it to be cold, but not having to worry about the ice diluting it.
          The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

I don't like any drinks with ice, because I hate my drinks getting watery. Bletch.

Comment

Anytime I order sweet tea from a fast food place, I have to have ice to water it down because it is too strong.

Comment

'course, I don't drink much sweet tea anymore - never really did. The sweetest we'd make at home was one cup sugar for a gallon of tea, and now I'm down to about half a cup. I understand 'proper' sweet tea is two cups sugar for a gallon.
                The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
                  Where I grew up, it was always cold / iced. But I'll order it without ice, too, expecting it to be cold, but not having to worry about the ice diluting it.
                  All the sweet tea I've ever had at restaurants has been in the cooling off stages usually... thus, still kind of warm.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Sweet tea, no ice, means that much more sweet tea goodness to enjoy! The ice just takes up room in the cup that the sweet tea could be using.

Most places here make their tea with ice when it's brewed or refrigerate it after brewing so it's cold to start with. But yeah, since "Sweet Tea" is what's on the menu, they have to ask if you want that sweet or unsweet. Since I'm cutting back on my sugar intake, I actually order it half-and-half, or half-cut.

Then again, when I was growing up in L.A., if you ordered a Coke you were asked what kind you wanted. "Coke" was generic for "soda", and you had to specify root beer, Sprite, orange, or whatever. Regional differences.
                    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

Working...
                    X