This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went shopping...

And not even sure what to make of this..or where to put it.

Where to put this, or what to make of it. Part of it was sucky, part of it was and part of it was just sad.

Ok so my mothers birthday was yesterday, so a lot of the day was spent with her. For the most part it was an enjoyable time. Since it was her birthday, she decided where to go and what to do.

Food
    She is a pizza fanatic, so she decides that we should get pizza..and dine in. Fine with me, I'd prefer to really treat her to a nice place, but it's her day. First thing we notice is that the place was kinda full, but we are seated quickly. Yay. The next table over is two adults, and three children.

About the time we got our food, the children decided they were full, but didn't want to waste all that great food..so they started to throw it at each other. They were very bad aims. Parents of course did nothing. Why am I not surprised. Just as I am about to say something, the table apparently is done eating, so they left. I probably still should have said something, but I didn't. Ended up wearing a few items of food for a bit, until I could get it cleaned off. I blame NASH for me not sayings something, because I have had no energy lately.

Hair (Or ... A clue by four would have been 100x more suble)
    So she wants to get her hair done, now can you imagine me in a hair salon, but .. it's what she wants..so I will go put up with it.
    As she is getting her hair done, three teenage girls come in. It's kinda cold outside, but one of them is wearing a micro skirt and I am not sure how to describe the shirt. Low cut, comes to about midriff? Not a person who keeps up with fashion sorry. Lets just say that very little is left to the imagination.

Now here is the part that never normally happens. The one wearing almost nothing, apparently decided she liked me, and was about as subtle as a mack truck driving through a diner. She comes up wraps herself..no not her arms, but pretty much her whole body .. around me..and...

TG - Teen Girl
    VCM - Very Confused Mytical

TG - "Hey sweety, what you doing here?"
    VCM - *trying to pry her off, without grabbing any *ahem* untoward areas* Um, I'm sorry ..you seem to have me confused with somebody...
    TG - "Don't be that way, I'm just trying to get to know you."
    VCM - *thinking - Subtle, I would have never guessed* Thats ... um good..but do you mind letting go?
    TG - "Don't you like me? Think I am pretty?"
    VCM - "I'm sure you are gorgeous, but um..your kinda young for me.."
    TG - "Aww..look at him <name changed>, I could just eat him up." *turns to me* "You can't be too much older then me."
    VCM - "I'm thirty seven..and taken."
    TG - "Ewww, your an old man!" At least that causes her to remove her self from me. "Dirty old pervert."
    VCM - *thinking, yeah cause I am the one who threw myself at a complete stranger..I'm the pervert. I didn't reply though.*

The rest of the hair experience was pretty dull, though the teenagers kept giving me dirty looks.

I don't know if it was some sort of initiation, or what..or a dare maybe?

Last but not least...Appliance Shopping
    I like Lowers for the most part. It's a nice place. We went in and they had no selection though. Or rather not what we were looking for. All they had is a bunch of stainless steel Refrigerators, and I really wanted to avoid Stainless. Wouldn't even order one, and they normally will let you look through their catalog and order one. *shrugs*

Now, I know a lot of people would say "You should have not been so delicate with the female" or some such..but in all honesty it was not something I was prepared for. My brain was trying to figure out how to be a gentlemen about it, and at the same time remove the problem. Caused a short circuit.
    Last edited by Mytical; 02-22-2011, 05:59 AM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Quoth Mytical View Post
    Now, I know a lot of people would say "You should have not been so delicate with the female" or some such..but in all honesty it was not something I was prepared for. My brain was trying to figure out how to be a gentlemen about it, and at the same time remove the problem. Caused a short circuit.
    I'd say she was a subtle as a Mack B-Train, for emphasis. Lol.

My good man, I'd have simply stood up, hands at my side, and seen how long she held on.

Then again in all honesty I dunno if I'd just remove her firmly, or turn the whole thing till she's the one with mud on her face. Depends on the mood I'd say.

IMHO, I think you handled it fine.
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
      It's kinda cold outside, but one of them is wearing a micro skirt and I am not sure how to describe the shirt. Low cut, comes to about midriff?
      Bra?

But in all seriousness, belly shirt, and I thought those had gone out of fashion. Uggh. Kids these days.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Mytical - ya could've pulled a Lupo - "get away from me you creep!" lol, or something along those lines - "Child do you realize i am old enough to be your father, and i've seen "professionals" that wear more clothing than you are currently; if you sneeze, the entire salon will know the color of you thong; no please do remove yourself from me"

ahhh but you said your brain short-circuited for a moment there - then just a "ack get it off, get off! she's touching me and i don't know her, i think i need an adult/witness!"
        I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Sorry Mytical. I think I'm with Treasure.

I have a tendancy to scream "I need an adult!" in awkward situations. Kinda helps that I look like a high schooler and I'm almost 30.
          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

If I had been prepared for it, things might have gone differently. I've never even noticed a female flirt with me before (others say that there have been, but I am kinda dense about that stuff). When somebody who is normally clueless thinks you are going overboard..then well...

My brain pulled a BSoD. I've stood nose to throat with a guy (he was that much bigger then me) without blinking, I've remained calm in a tornado. Had no clue the correct way of handling this situation.
            Last edited by Mytical; 02-23-2011, 04:20 AM.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I don't think I could have been anywhere near as polite as you were. Geez, though, that level of clinginess makes me feel dirty even through the internet.

Comment

How can you be a "dirty old pervert" if she was the one coming on to you?

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                  How can you be a "dirty old pervert" if she was the one coming on to you?
                  I wish I had a clue.

I also would like to know when draping yourself over a person you just met who you are interested in became something acceptable. Cause I missed the memo.

Comment

As did I...and most of the sane world.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Did you do an immediate wallet check?!?
                      Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Mytical, I am very disappointed in you.

Not once, but twice, you had someone acting like an ass in a place you did not work in (so could not be fired from) and yet you said nothing to either one.

If kids are throwing food, it's vaguely annoying. If they're throwing food and it hits me, that is going over the line, and you better damn well believe I am going to say something...to the kids, to the parents, to the management, or maybe all three!

As for the girl, yes, I can understand how having a cute young thang wrap herself around you could discombobulate you, but once she called you a "dirty old pervert," I would have let her have it. "YOU'RE calling ME a dirty old pervert, after YOU wrapped yourself around ME? Well, someone's certainly dirty here, and it sure as fuck is not ME!" And I would have said that loudly, making sure that her friends and everyone else in the salon heard it. Skank.

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                        Kids these days.
                        The more things change, the more they stay the same: I saw a guy in a movie this afternoon say "Kids these days have no respect." The film was from 1974.

Quoth Mytical View Post
                        I also would like to know when draping yourself over a person you just met who you are interested in became something acceptable.
                        It never did. Girl's a ho bag. End of story.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Nothing was missing (I've checked). Jester is right though, I'm slipping. I'll just plead fatigue .

Comment

Working...
                          X