Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew...

So, I make and sell jewelry/charms. Mostly I sell them at anime cons and craft fairs. This month I have THREE shows coming up.

-An outdoor craft fair this Saturday. It's really close to us which is good, I hope the weather holds out. It's been sorta dreary and rainy the last few days.

-A three day anime con in Houston in two weeks. I'm both excited and nervous for this one...if their estimates are correct, it'll be the biggest show I've vended at (they're expecting 7000 attendees; the biggest I've vended at had about 4500.) I'll probably do the best (profit-wise) at this one since my work is mostly geared toward anime/video game fans. I also won't have my husband with me since he has to work, so it'll be my first time running the table solo...thankfully, I am going with some friends so they can help me set up and tear down.

-A one day anime con here in town the week after the big one. I do hope I do well at the big show, but I hope I have enough stock for both shows!

Man, everything just sort of...fell at the same time. There are a couple of other events I could've gone to this month, too, if I wanted to go crazy but I'm already worried that I won't have enough stock (which I'm sure I will, every time I do a show, I way OVER stock and end up with a bunch extra...we'll see if I actually get close to selling out of anything after this month!)

As our favorite cooking show host, would advise: Organization will set you free. Just keep your stock and accounts straight and you'll be fine. This month ends a quarter, so don't forget to send in those sales and income taxes.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I only file yearly, since I didn't make all that much last year. I suppose it might change this year, depending on how well I do and how many more shows I sign up for.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
        I only file yearly, since I didn't make all that much last year. I suppose it might change this year, depending on how well I do and how many more shows I sign up for.
        Likely...you don't want to end up owing more than $1000 as that will mean penalties-OUCH.
        Come to think of it, you'll have to pay the sales taxes no matter what.
        Last edited by taxguykarl; 03-03-2011, 05:34 PM.
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
        X