This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada: Still America's Hat?

Our reservation center has been doing something...interesting. Lately, any reservation that comes through Corporate that's for a Canadian guest has been listing the country as USA. The postal code and city will be there, but it will say USA. If there's a Chilliwack or Nanaimo or Tsawwassen in the US, I've never heard of them.

Now, I've played around on our website enough that I know you can select any country in the world for that field, and for US, Canada, Mexico, and Australia, you can also select the state/province. Yet all these Canadian reservations still show up listed as US. And since we're by the border, that's a lot of our occupancy.

What's more interesting is that the "State/Province" field is blank. This is interesting because I've had guests from Europe complain that they were forced to select a state when booking online even though they didn't have one and had selected their proper country. I forwarded the complaints to IT; as far as I know nothing's changed.

It's no big deal...just a simple fix to "Canada" and then adding the appropriate province...but seriously how the hell is it happening in the first place?
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

54°40' and then some?

If they ask for pants be vewy vewy fwightened!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
      54°40' and then some?

If they ask for pants be vewy vewy fwightened!
      Never had a guest from Nunavut. I've had guests from just about every other province except Nunavut. Based on GK's experiences, I think I'm okay with that...
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I thought Canada was America's wang?
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Maybe the system got screwed up by a postal abbreviation in the wrong place - after all, Canada's abbreviation is CA, same as for California (which is definitely part of the U.S.).

Mixups of this nature have happened before. A couple years ago, I was picking up an LTL linehaul shipment at a partner company in Massachusetts, to take it to Montreal. When I looked over the master waybill, I took it back to the dispatch office and asked if they were sure shipment "X" (destination: Ontario) was supposed to be on the trailer. Cue a mad scramble for the shunt driver to bring the trailer back into a loading bay. Shipments to Ontario, Canada from Massachusetts go on the truck to Montreal, where they're transhipped to a Westbound truck. Shipments to Ontario, California (near Los Angeles) don't travel by way of Montreal.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
            No that`s Florida
            I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

And Mexico is America's beard. Why yes, I have been going through the archives.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                This is interesting because I've had guests from Europe complain that they were forced to select a state when booking online even though they didn't have one and had selected their proper country.
                You run into that one when ordering something online too. I usually write "Copenhagen". It works most of the time.

Comment

And Hawaii is detected by IPF.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                    Never had a guest from Nunavut. I've had guests from just about every other province except Nunavut. Based on GK's experiences, I think I'm okay with that...
                    I had an awesome coworker from nunavut-as in 75 years old and could run circles around the 20-somethings. And anytime we had the very rare layoffs during the slow season(usually at most a one-month layoff), she would march up to HR after one of us would come back crying(we needed the money), and demand to take the layoff in the other girl's place-and she would NOT leave the office until they did. HR always caved, you do not want a 4'9" 75 year-old Inuit woman screaming at you!
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Nah; we're the top in the relationship. America just has to lie there and take it.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                        Nah; we're the top in the relationship. America just has to lie there and take it.
                        Damn!

No wonder my pores are enlarged! - U. Sam

Comment

I hate it when this happens - it has occured to me more than once on various websites. *waving from Vancouver Island*
                          The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                            No that`s Florida
                            And NJ is the armpit.
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                              No that`s Florida
                              Isn't it FlorEda?

"I'm not a state, I'm a monster!"
                              The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X