Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you imagine the complaints after this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you imagine the complaints after this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...screening.html

Trailer for The Devil Inside is accidentally shown before Puss and Boots.

The devil inside me giggled a little bit.

Pardon my ignorance, but aren't trailers in movie theaters usually rated for all audiences, like here in the US?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
      Pardon my ignorance, but aren't trailers in movie theaters usually rated for all audiences, like here in the US?
      Usually, but the topic is hardly appropriate for children even if the trailer is rated E or G. In my experience, if you're seeing a R film, you're going to also see R film trailers. G films aren't supposed to show trailers for films that are inappropriate for the target audience.

That's why the article says the wrong trailers were shown.

I went to see Puss in Boots and all the trailers were either animated or children movies.

Poor kids They'll get over it eventually, but the parents are gonna have some sleepless nights.

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
        Ahh it's different in the UK. Here you get movie trailers that are the same certificate as the movie you are watching or lower. So for The Devil Inside to be shown during a low rated movie must have been a bit of a surprise.

Comment

I got suckered into a class trip to France back in 1977, there were a number of schools involved so we were bundled in with a Pennsylvania public school and some Catholic school from somewhere. We had an afternoon free in Paris so a bunch of us decided to go see Silver Streak dubbed in French. A mix of all 3 of our schools. My mom was the chaperone for our little band of 6 marauders and decided to go to the movie, as did 2 nuns with some of their kids. The theater started showing the *wrong movie*. A little piece called "Bilitis" [NSFW ish link.]

The nuns were a bit upset.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
            The nuns were a bit upset.
            Nice piece of understatement, that . . .

Comment

Wow. I'm not sure which is worse: That or the Devil Inside Me trailer that they showed during Christmas (it had Silent Night playing over all the freaky images).
              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

anyone else thinking of fight club now?

So when the snooty cat and the courageous dog with the celebrity voices meet for the first time in reel three, that's when you'll catch a flash of Tyler's contribution to the film.

Comment

Working...
                X