This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, work...

I thought this would fit perfectly here since I wasn't actually dealing with the customer.

<bs>So I work at a place where we galvanize metal products. (We clean them off with acids and other chemicals, known as "pickling", and then dip them in molten zinc to give it that greyish dull look, like on stop sign posts.) I work as one of the lowest peons, as in the guys you see tying the parts on racks and hooks to get galvanized. It's not so bad, with a decent pay and good hours (Me working midnight shift, which in turn I stay cool and I'm not sweating like a pig on a roast.) and my boss, who shall be referred to as "D", making me feel like a worker instead of something lower than the dirt he walks on.</bs>

Anywho, I was working out back a couple of nights ago with one of my co-workers. We were tying up the products to racks like we usually do. We get these totes filled with some wierd-looking product that we have NO idea what it would be used for. So we go at it without complaint.. Until, that is, we start ACTUALLY trying, trying, to tie them up.

First problem:

They were heavy. I don't mean bow-legged Pete heavy, I mean I could barley lift them for an extended period of time, heavy. So we weren't too thrilled about that. EVen less so with the tying rack a good few inches above MY head. (I'm exactly 6' tall.) So we were having a horrible time trying to get them up there.

Second problem:

We couldn't even get most of them out of the tote. I mean they were STUCK. So much so, that the supervisor, who will be called "C" had to turn over the tote so that they could be put on the rack. This, in turn, led us to just give-up on them. And, in fact, C even told us to just skip them and go do another job. They were damned messed up, man.

So, to the company who gave them to us, I say to you this;

This is a business. Not a puzzle factory. We don't have time to sort through this jumble of a cluster-f*** that you call your product in a box. When we recieve it, we expect it to be half-way manageable, not a horde of poorly-thrown together pieces of metal. At least make it so we can get them OUT of the box.

The kicker? Even after a few days, they STILL haven't been put on the rack. No-one will touch them. the most action they've seen is that some have been moved and flipped into the dirt, and ONE measily piece has a tying wire on it.

Yeah. They're THAT bad.
    People may think I am a Satanist, but I'm really not.

Why would I worship those that I rule?

We used to send some weird chunks of metal off to be anodized, but at least we'd check with the company to see if they could cope! I mean, we wanted the back in a useable state, which meant the anodizers had to be able to get at them...you have my sympathy!
    I speak English, L33t, Sarcasm and basic Idiot.

Comment

Yeah. Well I'll have your sympathy no more, since I just got let go. I was gonna quit in a while and get a head-start on my apprenticeship anyhow.

Did I mention I was the one to put the wire on? I was up front working on taking a pipe out of a rack. My boss comes over and tells me that there's a rack ready to be filled. When I get back there, my eyes wander to those pieces, and all I can think is "OH MAN, NO!" And when I put the tie on the one piece, I just happen to glance to the rack by the door to see it perfectly empty with some parts ready to be put on there. "Ohhhhh, so THAT'S the rack he was speaking of. Thank you sweet baby Jesus!"
      People may think I am a Satanist, but I'm really not.

Why would I worship those that I rule?

Comment

Working...
      X