• Show
Clear All

• I'm a sadistic person

*ring ring*
    Me: "Hello, is this Prospective Employee?"
    PE: "Yes."
    Me: "This is bhskittykatt from [Motel]."
    PE: "Oh yes! Hi!"
    Me: "I've finished reviewing all of the applications and doing interviews. Now, I wanted to start by letting you know you had a very good interview...."
    PE: *soft murmur of disappointment*
    Me: "......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand how do you feel about starting tomorrow?"
    PE: "O-okay? Yes! Yes, I can start tomorrow!"
    Me: "Great!" *proceeds gives info for orientation start time*

I just can't help it.

(If I do have to deny someone, I rip the bandage off right away first and cut to the chase, then after I give them interview feedback/other job prospects I may know of.)
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

You make sure you give that poor person a cookie to make up for the emotional whiplash, you hear? They MAY forgive you if there are enough cookies.
    What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
      You make sure you give that poor person a cookie to make up for the emotional whiplash, you hear? They MAY forgive you if there are enough cookies.
      I brought a fruit bowl to orientation. Does that count?
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

What would you do if they hang up at the first sign of failure?

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          Depends. Were they wax fruits?
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Cyberguy View Post
            What would you do if they hang up at the first sign of failure?
            Their mental constitution was obviously not up to the job anyway
            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
              Their mental constitution was obviously not up to the job anyway
              Yeah, I don't see this as "evil" or "sadistic", I see it as the final test of the interview phase. You know they will deal with worse over the phone (and in person), so if they can't handle a little initial disappointment with good grace, how would they handle a vicious nasty customer?

SC
              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                Well, okay, but only if there was pineapple in it. Pineapple is ALMOST as good as cookies and an acceptable substitute.
                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                  Well, okay, but only if there was pineapple in it. Pineapple is ALMOST as good as cookies and an acceptable substitute.
                  Yes. It had pineapple, cantaloupe, honeydew, grapes, and strawberries.
                  I initially thought about doughnuts, but it's so hot out that cool, juicy fruit seemed like it would be more appreciated.

Comment

That's pretty hilarious, that poor soul. Well least they didn't hang up haha. I wonder though in this situation if the person does hang up how many hiring managers would actually call them back? haha

Comment

Muahahaha!! I just read out bhskittykatt's parts of the conversation to my Housemate, who couldn't see the screen...she reacted in exactly the same way!!
                      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
                      X