This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Thelma... :(

My little kitty went to the vet when they opened at 7, she's got tapeworms. They didn't have medicene yet, but they'll get it in the afternoon. I thought that she was just getting skinny since it summer, but I was wrong. . I've posted pictures of her before, but my avatar's pretty close to what she looks like.
    Military Spouse Support.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
    Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Poor kitty! I havne't heard of any tapeworm problems in a long time and thought maybe they weren't around anymore.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Tapeworms, ick! Nothing that can't be corrected, though.

Good luck, Thelma!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

usually feline tapeworms come from either eating mice or from the cat having fleas, as both are hosts for the larval form of the parasite(cat grooms self ingests flea full of tapeworm eggs-boom skinny kitty)-my cat had them, I actually saw a few segments "crawling" out of him-he got the meds in short order.
        Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

For all the cat people, ask your vet about Revolution. It is a topical treatment like the flea & tick meds, but not only does it cover fleas & ticks, it also covers against ear mites, intestinal worms and heart worms. My babies don't go outside, but I still give it to them, and my mother's cat who is a true hunter in every sense of the word gets it, and none of them have had any problems.
          The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
            usually feline tapeworms come from either eating mice or from the cat having fleas, as both are hosts for the larval form of the parasite(cat grooms self ingests flea full of tapeworm eggs-boom skinny kitty)-my cat had them, I actually saw a few segments "crawling" out of him-he got the meds in short order.
            ew, thank god my cats don't go outside...they don't catch mice and so far (knock wood) no fleas either...
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Poor kitty! I'm sure she'll be fine, the vet'll get it cleared up in no time!
              I deworm the Muttock every 3 months. I walk him regularly and he likes to sniff and lick things (I try and pull him away as often as possible tho) so it's better safe than sorry.
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
              X