This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Card -- DENIED!

The Evil Overlord does Social Security disability evaluations for people claiming a psychological disorder. He does this under his boss' license since EO is still an intern, so on the paperwork the final authority for any diagnosis is EO's Doc Boss.

EO says a guy came in a while back who was so blatantly faking his disorder that EO had trouble not laughing at him during the interview. As always, the Boss went in to meet the applicant in person: Boss Doc won't sign off on a diagnosis unless he's personally had at least ten minutes with the them. The report to SS clearly documented the numerous signs that the guy did not have psychological disorder, as well as the evidence that the guy was malingering (faking for the purposes of some gain). The applicant was of Korean descent. As we all know, a client's race doesn't usually matter. . . unless the client *makes* it matter.

Applicant gets denied SS disability. No surprise. Applicant decides he's been wronged, and goes through the trouble of getting SS to turn over the records they based their decision on. SS is *not* supposed to turn over the diagnoses that SS pays for (like the one EO and his Boss Doc dis) unless the whole thing actually goes to court. Someone in SS screwed up and sent the psych eval to the guy as part of his records. Surprise, he took offense to being caught in his trickery. So he decides to try to sue Boss Doc.

Amongst the various charges against Boss Doc's professional judgment is the dreaded Race Card. Applicant claims that the Boss Doc *intentionally* misdiagnosed the applicant because Boss Doc is White and the applicant is Asian.

Boss Doc showed up to the hearing with a young Korean man by his side. When the Applicant's lawyer asked who the young man is, Boss Doc informed him that the young man is his son. Adopted from South Korea when the boy was 6 months old.

From what I'm told, Asian Applicant turned some rather pretty colors before his attorney convinced him to drop the racial discrimination charge, which pretty much undermined the rest of the charges.

Race Card played. Trumped by a multicultural family. Buh-bye!
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

That's awesome! Kudos to Boss Doc!
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

That's some nice ownage there.

Comment

I have been played the racial card on some occasions, (I'm white-skinned, but my father is from Mayan origin), and it always shuts them down when presented with the facts...

Comment

Epic pwnage indeed. Of course, not everyone has that kind of comeback readily to hand...

Comment

I keep waiting for the day someone pulls this crap on my friend J. J is half Korean and half black. He looks for the most part black. He's married to a white woman. Their biological sons both look completely Asian. So you got black dude, white wife, little asian kids.

I would pay to see that.

Comment

Yeah, I wonder how many years he's been waiting to be able to play that trump card.

He was probably hoping for never, but he works with psychotics for a living, so he probably figured it'd happen eventually.

Comment

SC: You're a racist!
                Me: Really? You're human, right?
                SC: Yes...?
                Me: Oh good! Then no, I'm not racist against you. Now... If you had said you were an elf, then we might have had a problem, but as long as you're human, we're cool.
                SC:
                Coworkers:
                I have CDO. It's kinda like OCD, but the letters are where they should be!

After Tuesday, even the calendar goes W T F...

Comment

And a round of applause goes up from all of the gaming geeks in the house.

Comment

Working...
                  X