Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to be honest, when i worked grocery i tended to just claims out any perishable items that were found on random shelves. Like meat in the cereal aisle. Three times while over there i counted people having gotten one or two carts full of stuff, only to not have enough money to pay for it and leave it. With a pretty fair chunk being perishables each time. The largest amount being 4 carts full of things. After moving to electronics i haven't really seen this, due to the location and people not knowing we can check other things out back there, with one exception being someone who was trying to steal something at the register. (How it works is they get a large amount of stuff in their cart and something expensive that only we have access to, like an Ipod. Then they hope that while ringing the items up, we hand all the bags to them, so then they can, while we are busy ringing up items, stash it somewhere. Then make up an excuse to go somewhere, and leave. Everyone in the department, however, is familiar with this scam, and will either ring it up last or hold it where we can see it out of their reach until it gets paid for.)

But i do see perishables in the soda refrigerators often. Better there than on the shelf, huh?

Comment

personally I've never understood why it was so hard to decide whether or not to buy something before you put it in your cart

but then I've never realised what makes SC's tick
      "You can only try so hard to look like you are working before actually doing your work seems easy in comparison" -My Boss

CW: So what exactly do you do in retentions?
      Me: ummm, I ....retent stuff?

Comment

Sometimes it can be a matter of how much you can afford.

I've had days where I've mis-estimated how much a trip was going to cost, and had to return a couple of items at the register. Or the sticker shock from the total at the register has caused me to decide that I didn't really need one or two items just then.

Then again, the types of people who stash items where they don't belong probably never think that far ahead to begin with.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Then again, the types of people who stash items where they don't belong probably never think that far ahead to begin with.

^-.-^
          Fixed it to reflect reality.
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
          X