X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated Football Fans

not a bad sighting but a bit strange.

whilst gliding down the road delivering massive amounts of cheesey goodness to the hungry masses of football fans deep in the heart of Green and Gold country, I passed the local football stadium. I see a dim white glowing light in the parking lot. as I pass I see:

a picup truck parked in the middle of the lot surrounding the stadium. now the parking lot of very empty as there was no activty going on at the stadium (the place was closed today because the restaurants and shops inside the stadium were closed so the employees could watch the game). perched on the back end of the pickup was a TV. there were also 2 or 3 regular living room type chairs, an end table with a lit lamp complete with lampshade and a large barbaque pit. I did not spot a large cooler but it would have not surprised me one bit to see one. I could just bearly hear a generator chugging in the background

I mentiioned this strange scene to some people back at the store and one of them said they saw the same thing 2 weeks ago during thc NFC championship game.

Gotta love those Packer fans..I guess they wanted to absorb some of the mystical spiritual energy eminating from one of the well know football temples.
    Last edited by Racket_Man; 02-07-2011, 06:06 AM.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Ugh, I hate living here. I don't care about football and I surely don't want to hear about it. But now I will have to politely nod while my eyes glaze over. What state has no sports teams of any kind?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Ugh, I hate living here. I don't care about football and I surely don't want to hear about it. But now I will have to politely nod while my eyes glaze over. What state has no sports teams of any kind?
      All your turfs are claimed!

I mean, I hear* that in Texas the elementary schools have pro football teams...

*(invented footnote as if it were real)
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        The closest we have in Alaska to pro sports is the Aces, who are ECHL.

Comment

People here are big fans, but since the team loses a lot, no one cares if you aren't a fan.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
          X