This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No really, I am standing here for the fun of it

I got a coffee on the way home from the gym today.

The crew there are all in their twenties and usually have funny banter going on which slows them up but not enough to be annoying. The last week though I have noticed a distinct strain to the air.

Today myself and a bunch of other people learnt why. Apprently two of the crew are dating and I guess things arn't going well.

I order my coffee and walk over to the station where you pick it up. I see the person who took my order pass that order on to the barista who was "discussing" something with another worker. The girl taking orders repeats my order four times to the girl who ignores her. She rolls her eyes, writes my order on a cup and goes back to serving the other customers.

30 seconds or so go by and she finally notices me and says "was there something you wanted?" in a tone that indicated I was interrupting her dialogue to this guy. I tell her my order and she turns away, doesn't even look at me and points to the counter where you place your order and says "order over there."

My expression resembles this The co-worker she is talking at goes like this , and the order taker hears and comes over and tells her I HAVE ordered and to hop to it. I haven't even been able to get in a word edge wise and she barks at me "well what did you order" and her and the guy get into another discussion about customer service and how shes being rude "Im not rude Im just blunt" and she finally starts making my drink. The order taker and the guy are now trying to make small talk to make up for the barista and start trying to joke it off. Asking me how my day was etc.

I told them that it was a hobby of mine to randomly stand around in coffee shops for no reason They both looked so embarressed. The barista just rolled her eyes. As I left I heard both of them going off at her about being rude.

I thought the whole thing was amusing, I have had SO many co-irkers like her!
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

I will say this till my dying breath: it is never a good idea to date a coworker!!! I have seen so many problems crop up because of co workers dating or managers dating coworkers or managers partying with coworkers!! There is only one time in the whole sixteen yrs at my job where two coworkers dated and it turned out great and they are now married with three kids! beyond that I have seen many relationships crumble and then they start to slack on the job and argue and treat each other and their fellow workers like crap!! We discourage dating amongst the crew now, and we basically don't allow shift managers to date the crew members, although if a relationship is starting to form then usually the crew gets the option to transfer to another store or quit dating.

Comment

hopefully her boyfriend will see how rude she is to people for no reason whatsoever and dump her

Comment

though i do personally think you have a good reason to let the manager know.

she's at work, not high school... there does come a time when you have to drop the drama and do your job.

Comment

* raises hand* married a co-worker :P

jus sayin
          Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

For the most part, dating creates unnecessary drama. Or, extreme slacking as the two parties want to do nothing but hang out with each other all shift. Even if they're managers whose kids are old enough to be acting like this.

There's only been one exception...

Two of our coworkers (both in their 40s) eloped last summer. It was actually quite sudden and took everyone by surprise, because almost no one knew they were dating. Suddenly one day there was a note on the time clock "so-and-so and so-and-so eloped last weekend, we're taking donations to buy them a wedding gift!" I understand their families were caught by surprise and pissed, too, which just amused them more.
            It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth jnd4rusty View Post
              it is never a good idea to date a coworker when you're as immature as a seventh grader!!!
              Fixed that for you Some people can manage it, but in this case this girl was being ridiculous. "I'm not rude I'm just blunt"?? Please. There's no reason to take her crappy attitude out on an innocent customer.
              !
              "For truth is always strange; stranger than fiction." -- Lord Byron

Comment

"I'm not rude I'm blunt!" - there is so much wrong with this statement that I don't even think I can go there.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

There's 2 people (obviously) in my training class that started dating shortly after it started.

I'm basically the only person who they've told outright, those most of the others have figured it out.

When she told me I said "I hope it works out, for everyone's sake"

I really, really do.

Comment

Twice I've worked with people I dated- didn't work out well. At one pizza place I worked at, I was delivery and my girlfriend worked the phones. One day we're crazy busy and she decides right then, as I'm trying to get pizzas out the door, to try and be affectionate!

Naturally I blew her off to do what I needed to, and of course she was mad at me. Oh well!

Found out later from coworkers when I left that after a while she stopped answering phones, just hunkered down in the office to read. I think you know how that ended.

Comment

That's one of my rules-don't date anyone I work with. Too much potential for trouble.
                      Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

Working...
                      X