Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another reason I hate shopping. I have the compulsion to straighten/face/and take found things up to the front registers/customer service. I am horrible at keeping my own place clean, but yet I can't seem to let store shelves look like a hurricane hit them.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
      Serously I would love to find these people.....go into their homes and leave alot of stuff where it doesn't belong.
      Dead carp in the heating duct...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Just yesterday I ended up with two counts of this (one of them only semi-related). First was when I pulled into the parking lot, got halfway into one of the first available spaces I found, only to find a shopping cart sitting there. This parking space was right next to a cart corral. Lazy people....

Second incident was in the checkout lane. Every single shelf had at least one item on it that clearly did not belong there, and one of those items belonged on the other side of the aisle, one shelf down. All I can figure for that last one is some child pulled it off its peg, as the peg was at a child's eye-level, Mom took it, and then shoved it on the higher shelf because she couldn't be bothered to see where her kid got it from. ::sigh:: At least there weren't any perishables or open wrappers.

Quoth Brojekk View Post
        Quite a few years ago I saw a couple of pre-teen girls trying lipstick then putting the tube back on the shelf. I kept track of which tube it was and took it off the sales floor. I should have said something to them along the lines of them being the 3rd ones to try that particular tube
        Reminds me of a joke I heard once. A school was having trouble with its pre-teen and teenage girls leaving lipstick marks on the bathroom mirrors from kissing them after putting on their makeup in the morning. So the principal called an impromptu meeting in the girls' restroom with these girls to show them how the janitor cleans the lipstick off of the mirrors. The janitor promptly dipped the toilet brush in the toilets, then started scrubbing the mirrors. The school never had a problem with lipstick on the mirrors again.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

When I was still cashiering, though, I would call out the customers when I caught them, since I had a bit of "authority" backing me up. Mostly I'd just say, "Hey, if you don't want that you can hand it to me instead," and give them my biggest grin. Only once did I have a customer say, "Oh, no, that's okay," and continue stuffing the product in the rack, at which point I responded, "Oh, I really do prefer if you just hand it to me. It makes it easier to put away and doesn't leave a mess all over the candy." I got a sheepish look and the unwanted product after that.[/quote]

I usually say, "Oh, I don't feel like playing treasure hunt today."

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
          And then you have the folks who try different shades of nailpolish and make up, then put the polish back on the shelf for some unsuspecting customer to buy. I wish polish and makeup all had the safety seal around the cap, but that's dreaming on my part...
          And then they break the safety seal anyway, try it on, then dump it and the bit of plastic that was the seal all over the store.

When I was still cashiering, though, I would call out the customers when I caught them, since I had a bit of "authority" backing me up. Mostly I'd just say, "Hey, if you don't want that you can hand it to me instead," and give them my biggest grin. Only once did I have a customer say, "Oh, no, that's okay," and continue stuffing the product in the rack, at which point I responded, "Oh, I really do prefer if you just hand it to me. It makes it easier to put away and doesn't leave a mess all over the candy." I got a sheepish look and the unwanted product after that.
          I usually say, "Oh, I don't feel like playing treasure hunt today."

And then they break the safety seal anyway, try it on, then dump it and the bit of plastic that was the seal all over the store. [/QUOTE]
          Last edited by Peppergirl; 01-24-2011, 03:37 AM. Reason: merged
          Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ozcatbug View Post
            You all know about the floods we have had here down under. In Queensland we have had some trouble getting deliveries. So I was in the supermarket last week. There are signs all over fresh produce, dairy, and meat fridges saying there is a short supply. So I was having a look at the dried fruit and saw a packet of fresh garlic bread. It was room temperature so I handed it to the nearest worker.
            Yeek. This makes me realize that if something happens to seriously disrupt the food distribution system, the resulting starvation can be blamed at least in part on entitlement whores who can't abandon their old habit of hiding unwanted perishables behind appliances. When you're ruining products for no other reason than you don't happen to want them, and there's a shortage of that product, you'd better hope that you never want it again.

Me, I'm gonna start storing canned food for the zombie apocalypse...

Love, Who?

Comment

I see milk, meat, and just about everything else left all over the place at my job. There's never anyone around to take care of it anymore. Needless understaffing.
              Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Brojekk View Post
                I should have said something to them along the lines of them being the 3rd ones to try that particular tube
                Mwahahah! I love it!

Seriously I would love to find these people.....go into their homes and leave alot of stuff where they don't belong. Salt shakers on top of the tv....todays newspaper stashed behind the microwave....tv remote in the fridge....etc. See how they like it.
                What makes you think their apartments aren't already like this?

Comment

When i worked in the FE it seemed like 75% of back shop was crap shoved in the soda coolers, impulse racks or just dumped somewhere in the store.

I remember catching a SC doing that and asking them to just give the items. They responded, "Well I didn't know if i could do that? Can I?"

I really wish we had a function in our inventory system to track how much crap was destroyed or lazily misplaced by SCs. Then calculate how much it costs in both time and product to deal with the messes. Put up a sign in the entrance informing how much their laziness costs them in additional $ spent.

Comment

I agree that this is often done on purpose, especially in cases like the fish and the milk stories here. I'm sure these idiots think they're so funny making everyone wonder where the foul stench is coming from.

The wastefulness is what pisses me off the most. These people deserve to be dropped off in some god-forsaken place with no access to food for a while. Shitheads!
                    Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                      Another reason I hate shopping. I have the compulsion to straighten/face/and take found things up to the front registers/customer service. I am horrible at keeping my own place clean, but yet I can't seem to let store shelves look like a hurricane hit them.
                      Hooray! I'm not the only one that is like this! My ex-CWs never believed me when I would tell them my house was a mess since I was the super-anal about keeping the store spotless (the restroom cleaner and I were friends...how I miss that stuff) until my BIL came to work at my store and saw how I worked and flipped his lid! I'm the same at stores I go to shop..I have to physically stop myself from straightening too much. I wish all that would stick around when I was at home though...
                      Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

something similar happened when i was at kroger the other day.

the clerk started scanning some meat and another item thinking it was ours (my BF's and mine) but we shook our heads. no idea who that stuff had belonged to but... well i guess, at least the other people had abandoned it on the belt and not on a shelf hiding.

Comment

As a unknowing (but try not to be S)C (for groceries at least), I would like to thank those who told me that I can give stuff I decided not to buy to the cashier, rather than putting it back myself (and although I used to reshelve library, I'm not 100% certain I do it right if it's not books).

I truly did not know that. Thanks.

And drippy, maggotable food behind televisions? Eew.

Comment

One time at the old store, someone had buried a package of bologna in the bottom of a bin of extension cords. It took months for us to figure out where that smell came from. Finally they just went through the entire aisle, 4ft by 4ft clearing everything out until they found it. I'm glad I was on vacation then. They say the smell, once uncovered, was really, really horrid.

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                              First was when I pulled into the parking lot, got halfway into one of the first available spaces I found, only to find a shopping cart sitting there. This parking space was right next to a cart corral. Lazy people....
                              Oh, yeah, I give those twits what for, too.

Quoth Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post
                              I agree that this is often done on purpose, especially in cases like the fish and the milk stories here. I'm sure these idiots think they're so funny making everyone wonder where the foul stench is coming from.
                              The worst part is that for the most part, this isn't why they do it.

Most of the time, they've got this item, then they realize they can't really buy it, and rather than admit to another human that they made a mistake or changed their mind, which would brand them losers forever or something (I have no idea what's so wrong with admitting to a mistake), they have to hide all evidence that any mistake was made, thus the hiding of the offensive object in some bizarre place where nobody would think to find it rather than handing it over to the nearest employee with an apology.

Quoth Spork4pedro View Post
                              I have to physically stop myself from straightening too much. I wish all that would stick around when I was at home though...
                              Outside, you're presenting a face to the public. You want that face to be clean and well-ordered. At home, you're comfortable and in your own territory, without the public at large intruding, so you let things go.

I've got a worst of both worlds thing going at home, though. I'm an indifferent housekeeper in the best of times, but even the mess has to be just so. >_<

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If I don't want something, I usually decide quick enough that I don't want it so that I just put it back where it belongs. I hated doing go backs when I worked at the grocery store. I also always put the carts in the cart corral because that was another thing I hated to do at the grocery store. I really hated it when people would put the cart over the islands (so they were kind of parked like a boat).

Comment

Working...
                                X