Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They would have to be monumentally stupid to try anything at Houston's funeral. Seriously.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      They would have to be monumentally stupid to try anything at Houston's funeral. Seriously.
      Yes, they are . . . Always have been.

Comment

Aww, man! I was hoping the state of Kansas finally got the goods on them and was sending the whole Phelps cult to the hoosegow.

Quoth lordlundar View Post
        There's an exception for comments regarding the WBC if I recall correctly.
        Yeah, it's always "Open Season" on the Cult O' Fred.
        Last edited by Peppergirl; 02-18-2012, 03:03 AM. Reason: merged
        "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Open season on the Phelps Freaks? Splendid.

Some of you may recall a live broadcast in which WBC got spectacularly owned by Anonymous. I'm sincerely hoping for something similar or more damaging to the WBC credibility to happen. Also, in response to the video I linked: Shirley Phelps-Roper is a massively stupid bitch.
          Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

Oh great, means I get to see them as customers yet again.
            Meeeeoooow.....
            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

These people totally disgust me. I hope that, someday, for their sake, they realize that they are doing their own cause any good (and actually harming it). That is, unless, their cause is pissing off people. Then they are doing a bang up job.
              "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Redbeard View Post
                Neither, actually. See, they WANT to be assaulted, that's why they bring their kids along. Makes for better lawsuit fodder.
                Even if that's their goal, picketing Whitney Houston's funeral is a bad idea. After all, due to a loophole in American law, you have to survive the assault in order to be elligible to file suit.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

These people are nuts, it's a good thing that there are none (that i know of) like that where i live...

Comment

You may have heard of the tragedy with the Powell children in Washington a few weeks ago? The WBC was planning on picketing the chilcrens funeral. Apparently they were warned off because no one bothered to show...

I still say treat em like Kansas did! when they couldn't even put gas in their tanks they took off and headed home tails between legs
                    Last edited by Redbeard; 02-19-2012, 09:32 PM.

Comment

With regards to the funeral of Charlie and Braden Powell, WBC threatened to protest at the funeral because the governor of Washington state just signed a bill making gay marriage legal. I have no idea how this related to those cute kids, but in the minds of WBC, it did. They "cancelled" their planned protest after they managed to get interviewed on the radio by someone I have never heard of out here.

So their threats are just another way to gather publicity for their inane ramblings and lawsuits.

For the record, at the boy's funeral, there were members of three rival motorcycle gangs. There was not one incident that required a police officer or an arrest. They came to support the family and to shield them from any hatred that might occur.

Comment

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/319847

Ha ha! Cowards!

Comment

WBC should call themselves the Westboro Attention Whore Cult. Planning (and not following through) on protesting at Whitney Houston's funeral?! Really?!
                          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I heard the streets around Houston's funeral were going to be cordoned off for six blocks, so nobody who wasn't invited could get near the place. Good for them.

I still think that one of these days, those idiots will show up at the wrong place, somebody's not going to care about laws or lawsuits, and things will get ugly.

Comment

Quoth taurinejunkie View Post
                              Open season on the Phelps Freaks? Splendid.

Some of you may recall a live broadcast in which WBC got spectacularly owned by Anonymous. I'm sincerely hoping for something similar or more damaging to the WBC credibility to happen. Also, in response to the video I linked: Shirley Phelps-Roper is a massively stupid bitch.
                              She looks like a lunatic. Mouth like a chainsaw, crazy blank staring eyes.

Oh wait...she is a lunatic.

Comment

*sigh* stupidi-tee, thy name is W B C...>_>

Now if we could only get the bulk of the media to NOT report on is -- This is a publicity grab, nothing more.
                                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                                X