This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    I still think that one of these days, those idiots will show up at the wrong place, somebody's not going to care about laws or lawsuits, and things will get ugly.
    This person will probably not even get arrested. They will be offered an alibi by people who've never even met them.

And there will be dancing in the streets of Topeka . . .

Comment

To be honest, I can not see the church surviving much past Fred's death. Several of his kids will try to hold it together, but their kids will all bail out of the insanity. Brainwashing can only go so far.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I wouldn't count on that if I was you, as Shirley Phelps-Roper certainly looks and sounds insane enough to keep the madness going.
        Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

The closest I ever got to their Insanity was when tey were protesting the opening of the big Jewish Community Center near my home. They were a couple of blocks away at a major intersection. I remember thinking "if you want to act like an idiot and make an ass out of yourself in public, go ahead"

Then I saw a young child (under 7) wearing a t shirt with one of their slogans. It broke my heart teaching a child to hate.
          Lister: This is Crazy. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
          Cat: You're right. We're Nuts! This is an insane conversation....
          Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

Comment

Quoth DaDairyDruid View Post
            <snip> It broke my heart teaching a child to hate.
            Which is what gets me. Any time you teach somebody to hate..it just seems so wrong. I know..I am a hypocrite. The WBC has actually gotten me to hate what they stand for. So .. I have no room to talk. More then hate though is pity. I feel sorry for them. Hating everybody that is different from you has to be a very lonely existence. I'll go with irony, and pray for them. Their god might not hear me, but mine will. The one that is about love..and tolerance (they are not so happy with me right now, because I am not very tolerant with the WBC).
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
              I'll tolerate your beliefs, opinions and lifestyle if you'll tolerate mine.
              Well, I usually just stay out of a discussion altogether if it directly involves something I'm opposed to, and ignore the aspect when it's peripheral. And especially here at CS, where there are so many things I CAN talk about, why venture into territory I can't/shouldn't.

SC
              "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                To be honest, I can not see the church surviving much past Fred's death. Several of his kids will try to hold it together, but their kids will all bail out of the insanity. Brainwashing can only go so far.
                Considering it's WBC, you'd only need 2 soap flakes and 1 drop of water per person, so even without Fred the brainwashing could go on for a long time.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                X