This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Much Going On . .

We've had a busy past few weeks at the Litter Box, getting ready for a grand slam big bang relaunch of our compny (launch date is this coming Wed., 7-18) where we'll start lowering prices *coughbullshitcough* yadda yadda . . .

Been changing over ALL of the shelf tags over the past few weeks (last group came this week - have a handful to finish tomorrow) b/c they decided to use a new tag layout . . .new blank signage has come in for us to use now (started using the new style not quite 2 weeks ago) new banners throughout the store . . . you name it, they've done it or are finishing it up.

We've also had a mini-remodel of sorts. Some painting inside, new tables in Produce (and new flooring there as well,) new bagging stations that are smaller and can hold 2 rows of 2 bag racks (Dog help you if you have a customer with a HUGE order) the baggers are now redesignated "Quality Assurance" associates (meaning they not only get in carts, but also keep track of the restroom conditions/clean up spills and make sure trash is swept up inside and outside the store, etc)

But last week we had some news that really took some of us by surprise . . .

We've lost our Grocery Manager, Goofy. This came about just a day or two earlier when he arrived for a closing shift and was observed by Naitch as not being 100% capable (ie, came in DRUNK and HIGH!!!!!)

Of course, Goofy was sent home . . .

Flash forward to last Thursday: both the DM and HR Lady BOTH came into the store to meet with Naitch. Naitch had been on the phone back and forth with both of them during the last few days trying to make sure everything was being handled on this matter by the book . . . if not, the matter could come back and bite all of them (and our company) in the BUTTOCKS.

The three of them were in the breakroom for at least a couple of hours that afternoon . . . I had to borrow Ma's desk next door in the computer room so I could sit down and eat lunch.

This past Sunday, after I'd gotten my stuff done and clocked out, Naitch came outside while I was on the bench, lighting up a smoke and waiting on Mom . . . we had an interesting conversation.

The gist of what happened with Goofy was that he came in drunk and high . . . apparently this was not the first time that Naitch or a coworker observed Goofy not being himself. But nonetheless, especially since Goofy was considered a manager, could NOT be allowed to work under those conditions. Had the wrong person come in, not only would Goofy's head been on the chopping block, but also Naitch and possibly Gump.

In 8 years of being in management he'd not had to fire anyone before this . . . and he did admit he went into the office and just laid down and got a good cry out after he tool Goofy's keys and sent him home. But really, he did what he had to do . . sometimes managers have to make hard decisions and what the store needs has to come FIRST - otherwise the manager could be out of a job.

He wanted to move Goldie (our DSD person) into the Grocery Manager spot but had to post the job first for x amount of time and conduct interviews, just to cover company policy.

I was then asked if I would be interested in getting out of the HBC and going back to DSD . . .

Dang Skippy . . . .only concern I have is how can we handle backing up Ma on Wednesdays with the ad changes (she's also on vacation next week and I'm filling in with Goldie as sidekick, or at least that's how we've been covering it as both me and Goldie are trained in scanning.)

He assured me we'd work that out (and frankly, if Naitch says it, so far from what I've seen, he MEANS it.)

Tuesday: Gump came in to close and asked me about the DSD job . . . I told him the same thing I told Naitch. We also discussed possibles for the HBC position.

I have only one name for that one: Daria. Gump agreed that he felt that Daria would be a good person for that. She works better by herself and she's good at organizing and running the stock. Just need to get her trained on CAO and she should be all set . . .

Yesterday during lunch, Naitch came in and called a quick huddle in the backroom (I was in the breakroom on lunch and was happily chowing down a burger and fries from the pizza places 3 doors up so I didn't go but could hear everything from the open door.)

He made the formal announcement that Goldie is now our new Grocery Manager.

Goldie gave me her DSD key (and another key, which I later checked out and it's for the HBC backstock room - she had no idea what it went to.) before she left for the day. Just need a key for the roll up door for the trucks, which Gump ordered today (while I was playing with a frozen handheld that Tina in the market was trying to unfreeze so she could make out her order.)

Getting back to the Goofy drama: He came by the store Wednesday for his check. He had a job interview for another company (not retail but it's a management position.) He hinted that he's looking into a thorough investigation of his dismissal, as he doesn't think it was handled properly (according to another coworker the previous week Goofy had to take a drug test but supposedly passed.) So really if he did pass a drug test, but was dismissed anyways, what's the real deal here? I guess we'll find out in time.

Goldie has her keys but hasn't gotten her manager codes just yet. But that's in the works. She should have them by this coming week.

I've passed on my key to Daria, as she will be doing HBC next week while I'm juggling both DSD and Scanning (along with Goldie, who will be running back and forth with me) and will also help us out with Wednesday's tags (we have 43 hours for Scanning this coming week.)

And I'm already wore out . . . went in at 6 yesterday to help Ma, went in at 6 this morning so Goldie could show me some of the newer stuff that DSD people do in addition to checking in deliveries and working with the reclaim, date rotations, finding space for vendor products amongst the wings and endcaps for the weekly ad, etc.

And I'll be going back in at 6 tomorrow . . . but dang it, I've got my weekends BACK. And no more dealing with those heavy ass blue totes (frankly, I think that's why my shoulders and arms have hurt all week down past my elbows. I can't keep doing all that heavy lugging and lifting . . . I'm getting older and starting to get tired.) I have a feeling next week's gonna kick my ass . . . so much last minute stuff to do before the kickoff Wednsday . . . all the signage has to be hung by 8 a.m. (Goldie and I are going in at 5, along with Gump.)

And, not only will Ma be on vacation, Naitch is taking one too (DM approved it even though it's launch week.)

And I had to get tickled at Daria today . . . I gave her the key, she said Baby Beavis had called her and said something about her name was being mentioned for the HBC position (yes, I told Beavis. I would've said something Wed. to Daria when she came in to get her check but I wasn't sure if Naitch or Gump had talked with her yet.)

But Goldie and I pretty much told her that we had been moved around, so after Ma comes back from vacation, she'll likely still be in HBC as I'm in DSD now.

I've never seen somebody so happy . . she was practically jumping up and down. With good reason, not only will she most likely get this position, she and her hubby just bought their first house. So this new position is the icing and the cherry on her cake . . . and she can eat it, too (her words.)

And neither one of us now has to deal with the front end dramas (or Pidge . . .who really makes dumb look smart.)
    But I've got a set schedule and weekends OFF . . .neener, neener, neener
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Sounds like a really positive time for your store Enjoy your weekends off!
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Congratulations! I hope everything goes well for you!

Comment

Working...
      X